Sign in to follow this  
nfardo

WHITE HOUSE PRO - Making menu with specific category posts

nfardo

I have 6 categories - I want to make menus with the just the posts from the specific from each specific category - right now - if I list "recent posts" it shows all categories - how do I make menus with posts limited to a specific category? also - is there a way to insert thos limited menus into specific pages - rather than the sidebar? thanks noah

cmunns

First you need to be using WP3.0 because it makes it a piece of cake to add navigation items that link to categories. You can create the links in the "menus" wp-admin panel. I'm not sure what you mean, however, by inserting the menu into a page rather than the sidebar. Isn't this for main navigation?

nfardo

no - not quite - I want to be able insert a list of a single category into a page content similar to that category - my category's are very different http://pghfirm.powweb.com/practice-areas/ and want to be able to focus on only items in specific category that just lists all of the posts and any new ones out (easy reading) thanks! noah

bryan-hadaway

You can fully control your menu from: Appearance > Menus You'll find that you can manually add in any link/tab you want. Thanks, Bryan

nfardo

ok - I'll mark as satisfied for now thanks

nfardo

What about using something like this? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/screenshots/ This plugin gives every widget an extra control field called "Widget logic" that lets you control the pages that the widget will appear on. The text field lets you use WP's Conditional Tags, or any general PHP code. There is also an option to add a wordpress 'widget_content' filter -- this lets you tweak standard widgets to suit your theme without editing plugins and core code.

cmunns

You can give it a shot. I've heard that plug-in conflicts with other plug-ins but it never hurts to try you hand at it. Every situation is different.