Sign in to follow this  
markdigitalconsultcouk

Pages as feature boxes

markdigitalconsultcouk

I have a site where I want my main pages to follow the template of a feature box - set as my home page but want to change the text and image on each page. How do I do this and also remove the feature slider from each of these pages? At the moment I can create individual pages but they each have four feature boxes on them.

bryan-hadaway

Yes, this is easier than what I originally thought. Okay, so when you're in the Feature Setup in the admin you can make an unlimited amount of feature boxes. You'd want to see all your pages as Feature templates when editing the pages and then the real trick is to set the ID's for each feature box on where you want them to appear. This is done when editing individual feature boxes, scroll down to Display Page IDs (optional). To get page ID's you could try the plugin: "Show IDs", search for it from: Plugins > Add New Thanks, Bryan

markdigitalconsultcouk

The problem I have Brian is I can't see where you can add or delete feature boxes in the Feature Setup - all I can see in the Feature Settings page is Viewing Time, Transition Time, Transition effect. Transition sync - any thoughts?

cmunns

I'm a little confused here... You have feature boxes set up on pages but they do not show up underneath the "feature settings" tab in the WP backend?

mattrustcreativecom

I'm a bit confused as well... I do not see where you add feature boxes either... Does this only work on Version 3? I'm on version 2.1.1...

cmunns

oh! Yes this was a new feature of all the latest theme versions. How do you have 2.1.1 if you're creating the site now?

mattrustcreativecom

I'm trying to make some updates to the site... Actually, what I'm trying to do is set up a second features page that will display different slides from the existing feature homepage. So far, I've been able to create a page-template for the second feature page, but I'm lost when it comes to setting up the slides to display different content from what I've setup on the homepage. Also, on the new feature page template that I've created, there are no icons to select the slide (1,2,3, etc)... but maybe that's because I don't have the slides in there yet? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!