By Peter Esslemont+
When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
I have them stack 4 high at one point. Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
We had this site on our cloud 9 server and moved it to a Amazon Web Service server using Cloud Front and now the Editor on chrome is missing just says USE GOOGLE CHROME TO EDIT WITH DMS. Have tried multiple computers and same results. Any solutions why we would be have this problem? Won't work on any page.
Maybe I'm missing something that's staring me in the face, but I can't always find the right prefix for store products (e.g. Floating Icons / Social and Hooker).
And this particular subforum does not offer the option to select a prefix but the last time I posted here, my post was automatically (and incorrectly) prefixed with Viewer.
Perhaps the subforums can be updated to reflect current product status?
I installed Multimenu today for the first time and am excited to get everything working.
Once I installed it and tested the menu, I couldn't figure out how to close it once I opened the menu via the hamburger icon. I went onto the demo site and saw that I had a close icon missing for some reason.
I've attached a picture of the issue.
The site can be found at: beta.surgilum.com
I think I've mentioned this before but not made a dedicated topic.
I often save sections out to remember them, which works often and well.
I do find however about 20% of the time I fear for my life when I add a saved section to a page, and upon refresh the section appears blank, and all the linked ones are also then blank and I will need to remake the whole thing.
There seems to be no pattern to this and I have multiple sites hosted across the board, ranging from MAMP, Heart VPS to Fasthosts shared hosting. This error occurs on all these platforms, which at a guess I would say the database table that stores the data suddenly some how loses it.
I would provide a screen shot/video but I have literally described the error and feel this wouldn't make anything any clearer.
So, to summarise.
1. I create a section, add the elements I want.
2. Save it as 'section2' lets say.
3. Add it to 5 more pages, all looks fine.
4. Create a few page templates.
5. Could be related - I then often unlink these templates that contain saved sections.
6. Add a saved section to another page, and refresh.
7. Viola, 'section2' is blank along with all the instances of 'section2' on my site, and needs to be recreated.
Like I say, about a 20% occurrence, not a one off though.
Also worth noting when I was using Voyant child theme, after I updated it all my saved sections were wiped also.
Any guidance or workarounds / fixes for this would be very helpful as I'm tending to avoid using these where possible now to avoid losing all my hard work.