Sign in to follow this  
nogginjog

Missing toolbar on edit page or post

nogginjog    2
nogginjog

Well when I go to edit a page there is no toolbar appearing. Also the font is white, so therefore I'm not able to see it. Any help if I can just upload the original .php file that would fix this? I hope that make sense.

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of this issue please, as I am unsure what you're referring to.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

nogginjog    2
nogginjog

I've added an screenshot of what I see when I go to edit a page.

toolbar.jpg

• Like 1

Rob    547
Rob

First, make sure your plugins are not the cause. Some plugins can do this, so other than the PageLines plugins, deactivate all. Check. and if the problem is resolved, identify which plugin caused the issue by re-activating one at a time and seeing if it re-caused the problem.

If that doesn't work, then use the information below.

This problem seems to be related to the one described here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgraded-to-32-visual-editor-buttons-missing

The prescribed solution is a reinstall of WordPress.

You do not need to erase WordPress.

FTP into the site.

Make sure you have an unzipped copy of WordPress on your desktop.

Go to the WP installation root on your site and upload all the individual files (not folders) in the desktop folder. Allow your FTP client to replace all files.

Then, when completed, upload and allow to replace the wp-includes and wp-admin folders. Don't worry about wp-content.

Check to see if the problem persists.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nogginjog    2
nogginjog

Thanks so much. You were right, it was a plugin causing the problem.

Rob    547
Rob

The topic was marked as resolved.

Rob    547
Rob

Great. Thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to resolve it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• jagipson
      By jagipson+
      We had this site on our cloud 9 server and moved it to a Amazon Web Service server using Cloud Front and now the Editor on chrome is missing just says USE GOOGLE CHROME TO EDIT WITH DMS. Have tried multiple computers and same results. Any solutions why we would be have this problem?  Won't work on any page.
      http://www.viaglobalgroup.com/
      Thanks

Matt
      @Danny @Andrew 

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Maybe I'm missing something that's staring me in the face, but I can't always find the right prefix for store products (e.g. Floating Icons / Social and Hooker).

And this particular subforum does not offer the option to select a prefix but the last time I posted here, my post was automatically (and incorrectly) prefixed with Viewer.

Perhaps the subforums can be updated to reflect current product status?
    • jacobtippett
      By jacobtippett+
      Hello,

I installed Multimenu today for the first time and am excited to get everything working.

Once I installed it and tested the menu, I couldn't figure out how to close it once I opened the menu via the hamburger icon. I went onto the demo site and saw that I had a close icon missing for some reason.

I've attached a picture of the issue.

The site can be found at: beta.surgilum.com

Thanks!
      Jacob
    • bloom1creative
      By bloom1creative+
      Hey chaps

I think I've mentioned this before but not made a dedicated topic.

I often save sections out to remember them, which works often and well.

I do find however about 20% of the time I fear for my life when I add a saved section to a page, and upon refresh the section appears blank, and all the linked ones are also then blank and I will need to remake the whole thing.

There seems to be no pattern to this and I have multiple sites hosted across the board, ranging from MAMP, Heart VPS to Fasthosts shared hosting.  This error occurs on all these platforms, which at a guess I would say the database table that stores the data suddenly some how loses it.

I would provide a screen shot/video but I have literally described the error and feel this wouldn't make anything any clearer.

So, to summarise.

1. I create a section, add the elements I want.
      2. Save it as 'section2' lets say.
      3. Add it to 5 more pages, all looks fine.
      4. Create a few page templates.
      5. Could be related - I then often unlink these templates that contain saved sections.
      6. Add a saved section to another page, and refresh.
      7. Viola, 'section2' is blank along with all the instances of 'section2' on my site, and needs to be recreated.

Like I say, about a 20% occurrence, not a one off though.  

Also worth noting when I was using Voyant child theme, after I updated it all my saved sections were wiped also.

Any guidance or workarounds / fixes for this would be very helpful as I'm tending to avoid using these where possible now to avoid losing all my hard work.

Thanks