Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom post category Listing - Hide Primary side bar

2 posts in this topic

Need to hide the primary side bar in the custom category listing page.

Dont want to do it via css display: none

is there any way I can do this.

like creating my own page search taxonomy-$taxonomy.php ?

Does the custom category page have its own template? Does it show up in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Category Page or have its own tab?

If it has no special template and doesn't have a tab there, click on Category > Page Setup and scroll down. Check the box for Hide Primary Sidebar and save.

Check your custom page to see if the sidebar is hidden.

If you find nothing there but blank space, make sure you have checked "Hide Sidebars When Empty" in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup

Our wiki has information on creating new sections, templates and such.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Custom design for different category pages
      By mzhafzah
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
    • Custom Social Icons with Hooker
      By napait+
      Hello All,
      My question is.. How do I add more social icons using the Navi section in Mobile Menu mode?
      The only two that show up are the Facebook and Twitter, from the information you fill out in the Site Setting > Social & Local.
      Please review site for example:
      I would like to be able to add custom icons such as other social and phone, map, contact icons after these social icons in the mobile menu. Basically want to move the phone icon into the social icons bar. Having looked for the right hook using Hooker plugin I still have been unsuccessful.
      Thank you in advance.
    • Modify postloop by category
      By morrisjohnc
      My blog has two separate types of post content, both of which need to be created as posts, not pages, in WP.
      On the category pages, Bespoke pulls the featured image and the 10 word excerpt (or whatever is provided for in the excerpts post field).  How can I get certain categories to show the full content of a post and others this standard format with the "read more" button?
      Question 2 - Is it possible to have different templates for different category listing pages?  Example, use the postloop for one category and the masonic gallery for another?
      Thank you in advance for your help!
    • Default Category/Post Thumbnail
      By aldisney+
      I was wondering if there was a relatively easy to way automatically assign a thumbnail to a post category when displaying posts in the Masonic Gallery format, when the post doesn't have a featured image? I've got a client with a ton of posts that just won't have any featured images, but each category has a header image. I'd like to display the header image as the thumbnail for all these posts, since, going forward, my client does actually plan to use featured images.
    • Adding a Custom Font
      By tristanrodgers
      Website URL:
      Framework Version:
      WordPress Version: 4.1
      Plugins in Use: The Pagelines Plugins
      Hey guys,
      I have a problem since I tried to add a custom font in my theme.
      I created a font-face-kit via "font-squirrel" and I tried to include the font on this way the docs tell me to do it:
      But it didn't work and it messed up the page in Firefox. Of course the Cache is empty, code deleted, plugins deactivated, but it still shows a messed up page in Firefox! I've included 2 screenshots to show you the problem (and another problem with the background-color of the font, maybe you see there is blue but I've chosen an orange)