Sign in to follow this  
memamjomeh

station pro background

memamjomeh

Hey can you please tell me where to add the body { background: url(images/background.jpg); } when i add it to the the code in editor on the css page it makes the back ground white??? i have a linking image from my images folder.

cmunns

You can easily put this bit of code into your THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS area to avoid going into template files, however it might not be showing up because the image path is not correct. You may have to put ../ in front of images so that it goes backwards one directory before attempting to locate the images folder. ../../ would be two directories and so on.

memamjomeh

Thanks! could you tell me how to take out the leave a response and comments links when viewing the web site? I dont want it to look like a blog

cmunns

Start by deleting the "Post Footer Link Text" in the Page and Post theme options. Then we'll deal with the comment count with some CSS

memamjomeh

Hey actually i want to leave "leave a reply section", however; it after i create a reply it doesn't have a button to submit with. Also this is the same thing that happens when i use contact form 8. It doesn't show a submit button. 0l14012027j1613671927j

cmunns

what version of StationPro are you using, we fixed this in a bug a while ago

memamjomeh

3.0.2 i didn't purchase more than a month ago. Is there an update download?

Andrew

Yes there should be one available for you in the LaunchPad.. Let me know if you have trouble getting it or upgrading :)

memamjomeh

Yea sorry im having trouble finding out how to fix it. If you could give me a little direction haha thanks im kind of new =)

bryan-hadaway

- Log into your LaunchPad Account: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php'>http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php - Download the latest version of your theme - Unzip it - Via FTP, rename your old theme folder in /themes/ adding (old) or something to that effect - Upload your new theme folder to /themes/ and activate it through Appearance > Themes If you don't know how to use FTP; alternate method: - Log into your LaunchPad Account: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php'>http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php - Download the latest version of your theme - Unzip it - Rename the folder adding (new) or something similar - Rezip it - Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload and upload the new theme zip file and activate Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh

But wouldnt that create a whole new theme with all the images and files that are linking inside the theme folder?? When i change the theme will it save my website or what? Thanks!

memamjomeh

Cant you just tell me which file inside the theme to replace rather than having to redo my whole site?

bryan-hadaway

Sorry, I thought you were asking how to upgrade. But wouldnt that create a whole new theme with all the images and files that are linking inside the theme folder?? No, everything would be separate, your old theme would be saved perfectly intact, you would know how to switch back forth between them based on the version number. I don't think it would be very safe to try upgrading just part of your theme, there are so many changes across multiple pages. Have you made any hard coded changes to your current theme? If not you should be fine, because all your settings and data, media etc. etc. are saved separately. Just make sure to back everything up and you'll have your old theme to revert back to just in case. Perhaps, a developer can help with a hands on patch instead of fully upgrading. Thanks, Bryan

memamjomeh

Okay this is a bit confusing. I'm not trying to change my website i just want the bug to be fixed. your saying. "No, everything would be separate, your old theme would be saved perfectly intact, you would know how to switch back forth between them based on the version number." why would there be an old theme. i just want to fix the one i have.

memamjomeh

FOR EXAMPLE here is my old theme folder with my images stationpro/images Wouldnt changing the theme affect those images.? i dont want to have to go back and change everything

memamjomeh

and also my drop down menus on the navigation bar. the option is chosen in the settings menu. ???

memamjomeh

haha nevermind that was a retarded question thanks

memamjomeh

haha hey guys me again. Sorry the first question i asked on this post about manipulating the back ground images. This code isnt working in the custom css section. I also tried the exact url and its not working. body{ background-image: url(../../images/background.jpg); }

bryan-hadaway

Please provide a link and I'll take a look. Thanks, Bryan