telkins

Twitter Bar Section Not Updating / Not Showing Feed

telkins    0
telkins

Hello. The site I am currently building, www.dev.chatham.bladv.com is using the Twitter Bar Section found in the Pagelines Store. (The section is at the bottom of each page)

For the most part, I cannot get the section to display tweets. If I remove the section and add it back in, it will sometimes work.

However, when the section displays a tweet, it refused to update. It will continually show the same tweet until I remove the section and add it back in.

I have used this section on another site I am building, www.dev.rmia.bladv.com and it works just fine.

Does anyone have ANY ideas why this isn't working? I have tried turning off all WP plugins and it still doesn't work correctly. Also, I have tried using the standard Pagelines twitter feed and it doesn't seem to work correctly either.

Thanks so much.

Rob    547
Rob

Did you include your Twitter account properly in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup under "Twitter Integration"?

Do you have a Twitter account? Are there tweets posted there?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon    247
Simon

It only updates every 900s and only if your server isnt blocked from the twitter api, your server has nearly 300 different sites including some which have 'questionable' content, twitter may have blocked the IP.

telkins    0
telkins

@Rob, yes I have the site options configured for the correct Twitter feed but it is still not updating.

@Simon, any ideas as to how I might fix this? The weird thing is that I have this same Twitter Profile section running on another website and it's working fine.

Anything I can do to FORCE it to update?

Simon    247
Simon

re the 2 sites on the exact same server? If you provide the urls i can check for you.

telkins    0
telkins

yes they are on the same server

this twitter profile isn't working: www.dev.chatham.bladv.com

this twitter is working: www.dev.rmia.bladv.com

Simon    247
Simon

Maybe thats the problem then there are nearly 300 other domains on that server, which pretty much guarantees twitter will rate limit requests.

telkins    0
telkins

Do I need to contact Twitter and ask if our server was blocked? Is there any other way?

Simon    247
Simon

Its very unlikely its blocks, as one of the sites works, probably its rate limited. Contacting them may help, but they will just say you have 300+ websites all on the same IP.

catrina    103
catrina

You may need get in touch with Twitter support although I'm not certain what they can do on their end.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

telkins    0
telkins

Actually, it would appear that both sites have stopped updating Twitter feeds. I will contact Twitter to see if my IP has been blocked. Is there a better way of embedding a Twitter feed in a Pagelines site, or are the Twitter plugins the best way to accomplish this?

Simon    247
Simon

Well twitter do provide a javascript snippet that you could insert into a text widget, how it looks is anybodys guess. Yes there are quite a few plugins too.

sespinal    0
sespinal

The Twitter java script doesn't work either. I am having the same problem!

Simon    247
Simon

The twitter javascript provided by twitter will work, it runs clientside in your browser.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • thirdstonemedia
      By thirdstonemedia+
      I've been fighting with a resolution issue ? Want to use Flick Slider, the site looks great on my monitor but client says she can't see bottom of homes. I believe she's on an old PC using outdated browser/s ... but, she's important to me and I'd like to make this work, on her system. Without asking her adjust her own set-up. 
      I put the Flick Slider inside a container, here ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-five
      Set the Height of Flick Slider to 50 Base ... I don't know how this works exactly ... there is a Base then a Min ... but, haven't adjusted the Min ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-four/
      Tried using Splash Up, which presents the same issue (she can only see top of home) and she wants several images to rotate on Home page, so not sure this would work anyway ::
      http://becauze.xyz/
      I have tried going into Layout and making the width narrower, and that does make the site narrower, but the homes still don't display in full, on her system. Help ?

Here are her screen grabs, both desktop and iPad  (dumped the chalkboard background).

FInally, she said these look great ::
      http://www.sinclairaia.com/
      http://www.kristihanson.com/
      What am I doing wrong ?? Is there a better way to accomplish making the site look great on any resolution at any size ?
      Joanne
      (Longtime Pagelines-lover.)

• Suneel
      By Suneel+
      I updated my theme to framework and now can't get rid of this bright blue bar that appears across the top of every page. It says, "A fixed bar that makes it easy to promote important content.", and then a button that says, "Get PageLines".
      I am a novice and need help.
      Thank you!
      Natalie
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,
      I desperately need to deactivate the responsive function on mobile for reasons. It looks so messy with the responsive look on mobile and not navigating or informative at all as it is. 
      I searched for solutions online and tries some of those that I found but nothing worked out. Also I found a previous post on this forum says that this theme pagelines DMS is not meant to be build to deactivate the responsive function... 
      Also tried with widget such as WPtouch to edit the mobile look a little more informative but as I am using "single page" theme on pagelines, the frontpage(main page) never appears on those app.
      Seems like not compatible?
      If there is no way to deactivate responsive function or I'll have to recreate another page just dedicated for a mobile page? or change the theme completely and build a page from scratch?
      I have been searching for this for two days already...
      Could anyone wise and kind out there, please help me?

Thanks,