Sign in to follow this  
kyndrag

Secondary Navigation Issues

kyndrag    0
kyndrag

Hi - searched the forum and doubled/rechecked everything. Cannot get Secondary navigation to dispaly. I only want secondary navigation on the following page:

http:///www.leadwithastory.com/category/blog

I have made sure:

- secondary nav is enabled in all necessary templates (default, category, blog)

- I enabled secondary nav in both the header and the content (just to test) and it will not appear in either section

- ensured that secondary nav is SHOWING in the page meta

- created the secondary nav (based on select categories) and selected the saved navigation in the page meta drop down choice for secondary nav

- deleted browser cache

- saved meta settings and updated page changes multiiple times

- page template is set to "default"

Why does it not display?

Thanks for your help.

K.

Rob    547
Rob

- secondary nav is enabled in all necessary templates (default, category, blog)

You may have it in the wrong place. It should not be in any of those templates. Instead, it should be the last item in the header.

Then, going to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Blog Page, scrolling to the very bottom, select your Secondary menu there.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kyndrag    0
kyndrag

Thanks that worked, except I had to activate it via the Category Page under Site Options.

Thanks again!

K.

kyndrag    0
kyndrag

Trying to set issue as resolved, not clear where I do that anymore with this new forum format. Thanks.

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

The topic was marked as resolved.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • thirdstonemedia
      By thirdstonemedia+
      I've been fighting with a resolution issue ? Want to use Flick Slider, the site looks great on my monitor but client says she can't see bottom of homes. I believe she's on an old PC using outdated browser/s ... but, she's important to me and I'd like to make this work, on her system. Without asking her adjust her own set-up. 
      I put the Flick Slider inside a container, here ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-five
      Set the Height of Flick Slider to 50 Base ... I don't know how this works exactly ... there is a Base then a Min ... but, haven't adjusted the Min ::
      http://becauze.xyz/home-four/
      Tried using Splash Up, which presents the same issue (she can only see top of home) and she wants several images to rotate on Home page, so not sure this would work anyway ::
      http://becauze.xyz/
      I have tried going into Layout and making the width narrower, and that does make the site narrower, but the homes still don't display in full, on her system. Help ?

Here are her screen grabs, both desktop and iPad  (dumped the chalkboard background).

FInally, she said these look great ::
      http://www.sinclairaia.com/
      http://www.kristihanson.com/
      What am I doing wrong ?? Is there a better way to accomplish making the site look great on any resolution at any size ?
      Joanne
      (Longtime Pagelines-lover.)

• Suneel
      By Suneel+
      I updated my theme to framework and now can't get rid of this bright blue bar that appears across the top of every page. It says, "A fixed bar that makes it easy to promote important content.", and then a button that says, "Get PageLines".
      I am a novice and need help.
      Thank you!
      Natalie
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,
      I desperately need to deactivate the responsive function on mobile for reasons. It looks so messy with the responsive look on mobile and not navigating or informative at all as it is. 
      I searched for solutions online and tries some of those that I found but nothing worked out. Also I found a previous post on this forum says that this theme pagelines DMS is not meant to be build to deactivate the responsive function... 
      Also tried with widget such as WPtouch to edit the mobile look a little more informative but as I am using "single page" theme on pagelines, the frontpage(main page) never appears on those app.
      Seems like not compatible?
      If there is no way to deactivate responsive function or I'll have to recreate another page just dedicated for a mobile page? or change the theme completely and build a page from scratch?
      I have been searching for this for two days already...
      Could anyone wise and kind out there, please help me?

Thanks,