Sign in to follow this  
bobborsongmailcom

Adding a Stumbleupon badge

bobborsongmailcom

I wanted to add a Stumbleupon badge that had a counter in it - I generated the code from the Stumblupon site - <script src="http://www.stumbleupon.com/hostedbadge.php?s=5"></script> and this is their instructions on where to place it - Edit single.php of your WordPress theme. Find the following line (or similar line, depending on your theme file) in single.php or theloop.php: <?php the_content("<p class=serif>Read the rest of this entry</p>"); ?> Immediately after the line, add the code above: Save and upload single.php back to your WordPress theme folder. Done! I tried inserting it in the _posts.php file but I get varied results based on where you look. I get one value if you are just on my landing page, I get a different set of results if you come directly to the post, and a third set of results if you select a tag and get a bunch of posts to view. I have left it in place for you to see. My website is - www.lifeofanarchitect.com Thanks

cmunns

Likely it just depends on where the user was when they stumbled it. If that doesn't seem right is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere on how that bit of code is supposed to work?

bobborsongmailcom

The instruction I pasted above are from the troubleshooting section. Since iBlogPro4 doesn't have a single.php file, is the _posts.php file the correct equivalent?

cmunns

Yes that is correct, but depending on where you put it it will show up in different places. Can I see a snippet of where you placed it? (I don't need to see the entire template code )

bobborsongmailcom

I have a friend who used this on his wordpress site and the counter/submit button only shows up on the individual posts page - http://extremelyaverage.com/ Here is the bit from _posts.php file <div class="metabar"> <?php _e('On',TDOMAIN);?> <?php the_time(get_option('date_format')); ?>, <?php _e('in',TDOMAIN);?> <?php the_category(', ') ?>, <?php _e('by',TDOMAIN);?> <?php the_author(); ?> <?php edit_post_link(__('(Edit Post)', TDOMAIN), ' ', ' ');?> </div> </div> </div> <!--/post-title --> <script src="http://www.stumbleupon.com/hostedbadge.php?s=5"></script> <?php if(pl_show_excerpt($post->ID)):?> <div class="post-excerpt"> <?php the_excerpt(); ?> </div> <?php endif; ?> </div>

cmunns

Try encapsulating the stubmleupon code with this: ` <?php if(is_single()):?> stumble code <?php endif;?> `

bobborsongmailcom

That did it - thanks!