svabodesign

Header image on blog

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

I think it's called header image what I'm trying to do. As you can see on the site the is not background picture not a good idea. So I am insted gonna use the image as a header. And I keep the rest in white so the posts can be read easier. Where and how can I change it?

Site is http://www.sailubju.com/blog/

Henry Perkins+    14
Henry Perkins

You can change the header image by going to:

PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup

Once there it's the first option you see. Upload the appropriate image and you're all set. :)

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

Oh yeah, there I see it :) But won't the logo disappear? Can I have both header image and logo?

Henry Perkins+    14
Henry Perkins

Can you clarify the difference between header image and logo in this instance? I do understand the difference in general. :P

Also, I agree, I would change the background image as it is very busy and makes the text hard to read.

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

ok hehe,., well my client want the image I'm using as a background right now but just on the top,. like on the facebook profile where there is a image right next to the profile. So on the blog page, 1/4th of the image should be used. Being on top of the page. Maybe it's not called header image what I'm trying to to :P

Henry Perkins+    14
Henry Perkins

Ah, I see!

What you'll want to do is make the image you're using as a background a bit smaller (height wise), and then upload that as the background image in:

PageLines > Site Options > Color Control > Site Background Image

Make sure you select "Fixed" and placement is at the top.

Rob    547
Rob

Okay. It seems there's some confusion going on here. Take a look at http://www.epicurus.com and you'll see a background that's neither set to scroll or be fixed. It is fixed by location (vertical set to 0, horizontal set to 50). The background must either be large enough to fill the canvas or you have to set the tile mode.

You appear to have the background set as "Fixed". Leave that setting as --SELECT-- to keep the background in place.

I notice that the body of your content is set to the left. Did you really want it that way? Did you really want dark text on a dark background color or on a rather busy background image?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

I did the changes but it remains the same. I also changed so the body of the elements is both right and left side. What I'm trying to do on the blog page is having the image on top, center of the page. Under the image the blog posts are gonna be on white background, and the blue color are gonna surround everything.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a concept image of how you would like your website to look please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob    547
Rob

What time zone are you in? I think we need to do a screen sharing session to help you resolve this.

On a graphics note, while I understand your client's desire to have that header background, the branding logo (logo) has to coordinate with the size you want for the background and it has to somehow 'offset' from the background. If you look again at http://www.epicurus.com, you'll see how the logo is transparent and of a certain size. There's 25px padding above and below making sure that it stretches out the space to a total of 140px, so that the background is visible clearly. You'll also see that it's white with a grey shaded outline, so no matter what 'busy' background I use, the logo always stands out. The logo I saw the other day was simply black script. That will not properly stand out on a colorful background.

The positioning of your background remains in the wrong locations, so I'm unsure why that's happening. Also you still have the settings allowing the content to scroll over it. This is primarily why we need to do a screenshare.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

I live in Norway so my timezone is Central European time. I think it is London +1 hour. Screen sharing sounds lika a good idea. I can stay up late or get up early if it needs too.

I finally got the image on top and not scrolling. The blog posts is over the image though, can I fix it by coding or do I need to crop the image more? And is it possible to have white background under the image?

I really appreciate all the help :)

svabodesign    0
svabodesign

I guess this topic is solved. But is it possible to have the middle part of the page white and the sides have another color?

Jenny    33
Jenny

You will need to add a couple CSS elements to make this work like adding a background color to the sidebars.

Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here.

If your site requires customization, you may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting our Pros page.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!