Sign in to follow this  
adamspoon24

Feature Slideshow transition effects not working

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

Hi

For some reason my feature slide transition effects are not working. I have them set to fade but they are just going right to the next slide without an effect. Any suggestions??

here is the site i am working on

www.honorforveterans.com

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

Thanks Catrina. I tried that but it did not work.

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

Also tried removing features and adding in new ones and it still does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob    547
Rob

You appear to be using iframe code from Vimeo. Iframes tend to break the slider.

If you go into Vimeo, on the right, under the Share option, you'll be able to drill down to something that offers old embed code. That's the code to use in a feature slide. Try that and I suspect you'll be a happy camper!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

hi. there is no vimeo embed on this website i am working on. perhaps you were looking at the wrong site?

the link to the site i am having trouble with is

www.honorforveterans.com

Jenny    33
Jenny

Check the feature settings on the page itself (Pages -> Edit) as well as at the global level (PageLines -> Site Options) to make sure you have the correct option(s) set. The Page settings will overwrite the global settings.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

yes i already checked all that. it is all set up right but effects still are not working.

www.honorforveterans.com

Jenny    33
Jenny

The only other thing it can be, if you are sure that your settings are correct, is a plugin conflict. Visit Plugins and disable ALL of your plugins (if you're on a network install, those need to be disabled as well). Make sure you disable ALL except the PageLines Sections plugin.

After you've done this, please visit PageLines -> Site Options -> Advanced and enable PageLines debug. Please let us know when this is done.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny    33
Jenny

PageLines debug is showing this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /home/content/78/8795678/html/honor/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/class.debug.php on line 187

You need to contact your website hosting company and ask them to make sure php posix library on active on your server. Some hosts are poorly configured and the only way to have things corrected is to ask them.

adamspoon24    0
adamspoon24

well thats strange because i have several sites hosted on godaddy that i use pagelines for and have never run into this problem.

Rob    547
Rob

Let us know how this goes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur