king_kcm

Website won't align right w/ Yahoo Web Hosting

king_kcm

I bought and downloaded Framework 2. The software won't recognize any of my commands with typography, colors, widgets, and the page is offset. I've done everything from reloading the pagelines. I upgraded to 2.2.5 hoping my problem was fixed but to no avail. I got so frustrated I went down to Framwork 1.4.1 and had to open up another blog at http://kcmsports.com just to get the website where I want it to be.

That sort of defeats the purpose of me paying for the upgrade. I left a message before and the response was "maybe I have a faulty plugin". So I deactivated everything and it still doesn't work. Is the problem because I use Yahoo! Web Hosting??

James Blanchett replied:

Hi King

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with Pagelines.

If you could try a couple trouble shooting issues for me. First go to the WD dashboard>settings>permalinks. Don't change anything, just hit save and then refresh/check your site. If this doesn't work please de-active Ubermenu and Superfish Css, refresh the page and see if there are any changes.

If neither of the above work could you please send us some screen shots of your admin area, so we can see if any conflicts are present and investigate further. Also please let us know if you have any custom css entered or if you have made any amendments to the core files in the form of hooks/filters etc.

If you could make sure you're on the current version of wordpress and of pagelines (whether the framework or child theme).

We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully together we can resolve this situation shortly :)

Attached are my screen shots. I thought it worked after going to settings and permalinks. But when I revisited my page it went back to jumbled up. This is very frustating and very time consuming. Please Help. I am losing valuable business with my site looking like this now. I cannot even get back to 1.4 as a temporary fix.

kcmsports screenshots.doc

I am using Framework, have the latest Wordpress, and on Yahoo! Web Hosting... Again I am a novice to actual web designing so I don't use custom CSS.

Simon

This is a wordpress permalinks issue, goto settings=>permalinks and switch to default, then click save.

king_kcm

Ok my typography and colors work. Now I have my footer in my sidebar and my sidebar in the footer

king_kcm

My links are working now but I still have the footer and sidebar issue

Simon

Your links are not working, you have a redirect loop. Oh wait your using an aggressive page cache, so were just seeing cached pages. You have to disable page caches if your developing sites.

Are you sure you need a static page cache?

Simon

Its a plugin that you installed.

king_kcm

Great disabled it and now nothing works, I believe the cache is a default from Yahoo!

Simon

Well still shows cache enabled in the footer, and your permalinks are still all broken. Any chance of the screenshot?

king_kcm

Tried to upload it and it says the screenshot is too big to upload over my single use file. But I cannot get to the screenshot now because of the cache not being there.