Sign in to follow this  
russellprisco

Can't change menu...

russellprisco

Hi there, I just posted this and it didn't post for some reason, so I'm posting again. I'm using the latest version of WP with the new menu option in appearances. I already had some pages added before I installed the plugin. I then went to create the menu in WP with fewer pages showing but for some reason it's still showing ALL of the pages. Can someone please kindly point me in the right direction =) Thanks, Russell =P

cmunns

Russell, You mentioned installing a plug-in? The new menus with WP is built into WP3.0 so I'm a little confused by that. A screenshot or link would also help so I can see you're creating the menu correctly.

russellprisco

lol.. sorry, I didn't mean plugin... I meant theme, as in iblogpro4. Guess I'm just used to installing more plugins than themes in WP lol...

bryan-hadaway

Okay, so are you also using the latest theme version? Did this problem only appear after upgrading to the latest WordPress? Have you gone to: Appearance > Menus and then deleted all the tabs and manually added back in the ones you want? Thanks, Bryan

russellprisco

I believe I'm using the latest of both. Yeah, Actually, since I already had a different theme on this and was using prior a WP 2.xx version, it already had the menu up top. So when I installed the theme and upgraded to WP 3.0.1 the menu was still there. I THEN went into Appearance>Menus, and the whole thing was grayed out (even though my old menu was showing). So I created a new menu with the fewer items hoping it would override the old one but no such luck. Any ideas? Thanks again =)

cmunns

Hmm...it seems like you did the right thing. Can you show us a screenshot of your wp menus admin?

russellprisco

OK, Solution found. I guess I'm still not used to WP 3.xx yet =P I didn't have the primary menu selected. As soon as I picked the new menu (with fewer pages) it showed up fine. Thanks again =)

bryan-hadaway

Good to hear. Thanks, Bryan