Resolved Transferring site from MAMP local to live

27 posts in this topic

I am using pagelines, mamp pro and coda, is there a step by step transferring site from local to live somewhere? Anyone know?

The Simplest method is to install Wordpress and PageLines Framework on your live server. Then on your MAMP setup, backup both your Wordpress content and PageLines theme settings.

Then go to your live site and import both the Wordpress Content and your PageLines theme settings file.

See here for information -

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Website live different from dms editing
      By perininero+
      Strange behaviour of websites (in both situations just the main website of a wordpress multisite install); the live version is totally different from the site you see when you login to dms to edit. See attachments. 2 examples are: http://pnmdemo.comand 
      The only thing we changed recently was upgrading php, apache and mysql versions.
      Do you have any idea what happened or what we can do to fix this?
    • Moving DMS from subfolder
      By bloom1creative
      Can somebody please tell me the correct method for moving the DMS from a subfolder WordPress install?  I have had this issue several times, the last instance I just added the folder after all the [pl_site_url] shortcodes which was a bit of a headache to say the least....
      This time I moved another install, and I have had this before, where the DMS editor no longer initiates when you visit the URL without the subfolder, so the RAW URL I mean.
      I have also lost the LESS, CSS, and header and footer sections that I had all designed and ready, and all I did was drag the .htaccess file outside the folder, add the index.php with the correct folder location to the root, and change the home url in the db.  I have no clue how that would cause the theme to behave in this way.
      I am incidentally using the Voyant child theme, which has already wiped all the settings on me once before.
    • DMS theme not recognized in localhost installation
      By gabelloyd
      I've Googled for the past hour on this, but I feel like this a really n00b question.  
      Background: This is not my first website, but first Pagelines.
      Platform:  WP 3.8
      Theme:  DMS
      Pagelines:  free
      Local setup:  MAMP, php 5.5.3
      Process of "loading files" on my local environment:  Drag theme folders into the "wp-content/themes" folder.  (this is how I work locally without problem, usually)
      Goal:  Install DMS Theme for a local working environment, add a child theme.
      I've downloaded the installed the DMS theme (free).  At first, I just loaded this to an existing project.  When I did not see the DMS in the Appearance> Themes area, I thought "Well, maybe the existing installation is conflicting with it?".  
      I loaded the site to a test server and I was able to load the theme using the "upload a .zip file" method (not loading the file using my FTP client directly into the themes folder).  This works.  Hm.
      I decided that I should try installing the DMS locally on a fresh install of WP.  Installed on a new database, new theme folder, again the DMS theme is not recognized.  Hm.  So, I loaded the base child theme I found on Github: by copying these files into my themes folder, and THAT showed up (but of course is saying that it's parent theme 'dms' is not found).  
      I'm stumped.  Can I not drag theme folders into the 'wp-content/themes/' folder for local installation?  Did I miss something in the documentation about working locally?  
      Thanks for your help!
    • DMS Activation in MAMP Pro on local dev machine with Business Accounts
      By Olly
      I am running MAMP PRO for local development. After considerable headaches (see my other post!), I have setup a local development environment at a special local domain name:
      The live site is located at
      My question is, how can I use the Pagelines store in my local environment? I obviosly don't want to activate the local devlopemnt site address (, only the live site address, but I can't use the live site locally. If I activate it, does that use up one of my six product activations? If so, how can I get access to the store when developing locally without activating?
      Is the only way to do this, to use the same address for the local development site, as the live site (pushed local via the HOSTS file)?
    • Help with FTP in MAMP on OSX Mavericks
      By Olly
      I appreciate this question is not specifically about Pagelines itself, but I could really use some help with this.
      I have setup MAMP for doing Pagelines DMS local development on my MBPro running OSX Mavericks. However, when I come to try and install themes and plugins in the Wordpress back end it requests me for my FTP server information, saying: "To perform the requested action, WordPress needs to access your web server. Please enter your FTP credentials to proceed. If you do not remember your credentials, you should contact your web host."
      Can any one tell me how to set this up?
      I tried following the instructions here:
      I entered my hostname as 'localhost' and the username/password as my local account username and password. It doesn't work -  just says "Unable to locate WordPress Root directory."
      Is it possible to get this working, or does everything have to be done manually, by copying plugins etc. to the wp-content sub-folders.