Sign in to follow this  
cfisher

Using Minify Plugin With WHP?

cfisher

I am looking for ways to boost website speed. Has anyone in the community tried using the Wordpress Minify plugin- with WHP? I know that minify can sometimes break templates and I not bold enough just to try it out... Thanks! Chris

Andrew

We've been working on getting Minify working for future updates.. you're correct it causes issues with CSS files throwing 404 errors.

cfisher

OK. Thanks for letting me know. I'll hold off installing Minify.

cfisher

I am about to upgrade to the W3 Total Cache. I know within the Minify settings you can exclude certain variables from the Minify process to prevent these problems. Do you all know enough about the specific errors to provide a listing of those to exclude so that I might be able to Minify the other CSS/java?

cfisher

You may have overlooked my question because this thread is marked resolved... but do you all know enough about the specific errors to provide a listing of those to exclude so that I might be able to Minify the other CSS/java?

bryan-hadaway

I've marked it as Not Resolved for you. You'll need to bump this topic and wait for a developers response. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

Forwarded to developer for special help. Thanks, Bryan

cfisher

I thought I'd check in to see if any info is available for Minify. With search engines emphasizing speed, my hope is that the developer will optimize the Pagelines templates for minify (I plan to use it through the W3 Total Cache plugin).

cmunns

As Andrew suggested we are looking into the best way of doing this. The problem is that minifying or compressing our files makes it essentially unreadable and uneditable for all intents and purposes. So we need to be selective about what we compress and what we don't so users can still make tweaks to the code when needed. But yes, speed is a very heavy consideration of any website :)