Sign in to follow this  
sigmaweb

How can I get the menu to go under the slider?

sigmaweb    0
sigmaweb

Hello.

I'm working on my first PageLines powewred WP site and could use a bit of help please.

I need to get the main navigation bar to "go under" the Quick Slider (or the Featured Slider).

I've tried a few different CSS codes, but the menu is still not sitting under the slider properly.

You can checkout the current progress of the site here: http://140.99.49.99/

Thanks,

SigmaWeb!

Rob    547
Rob

Okay Sigma, you need to adjust your template design, but consider please, this is a drastic change.

To get the slider directly under the navigation bar (any one of them), go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, then click Header. Add the slider directly below the nav in the Activated Sections.

You'll need to control the settings via Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Default.

Control will be global and it will appear everywhere. You'd have to hide it on a page/post by page/post basis.

Is this what you want?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rbicreative    0
rbicreative

Help -- I have the same issue, but --

I believe you answered this question backwards. The question is "how to get the menu below the slider, not above.  

I have a client who wants the menu below the slider.  Can you help?

When i click on the HEADER in DRAG & DROP, the SLIDER is not visible so I can't figure out how to do this?  

Related to this -- I definitely don't want the slider on every page.

Appreciate your answer in advance.

Thanks

Rick Baker

Rob    547
Rob

Rick,

The solution's basically the same, just the alignment is different.

In Drag & Drop, Features is definitely available in the Header.  The Quickslider isn't.  See the image.

On the pages and posts where you don't want to see the slider, look at the PageLines Meta Settings and click "Hide Features".

However, if your slider is in the header, this can have some dramatic effect upon the rest of your site layout. Your choice, of course.

post-6-0-41395000-1358100951_thumb.jpg

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• khat
      By khat+
      I think I may have installed pagelines pro incorrectly, and then used features incorrectly. I installed first platforms framework theme and then the child, thinking I could do setup for child later. I tried to set up a background image, and tried custom css feature in pagelines dashboard. I had mistakes in my css, and just thought that if I deleted the info in the css custom feature in pagelines dashboard that the new information would overwrite the old info. The background image didn't respond at all, probably because I didn't have the child directory renamed. I then tried to use the LSS plugin to create css and added more css, possibly, somewhere -sigh-. I never did change the background image and get it placed properly. I used a workaround and in nested containers I placed a background image which worked well enough, so I moved on to try to create my nav bar/ menu bar. When I go to the Menus panel, there is NO area where I can place a menu on a page. I have read and reread and re- re- reread the instructions for placing a menu. I've used the pagelines editor to place a menu, however only HOME shows up. I've been at this for many hours. I've since uninstalled all of my pagelines items and reinstalled, thinking that it would restore all my changes to default, but no, it is still all there, with all my unresolved issues. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.
    • Jarek
      By Jarek+
      How to make the Impulse menu sticky?
      Here is a site that seems like it is doing just that: http://www.manhattanperiodontist.com/
      Here is the site I am working on: http://boeriu.digitalvector.com/ 
      I have no problem showing the menu at the bottom, but when scrolling up it does not stick.  I tried to add Nav Pro menu but when I do that, it just shows on top and no matter what I try is not working as I want it to.
      Any suggestions?
    • Dave
      By Dave+
      1) Toggle menu on mobile devices does not work properly, combination Chrome 56.0.2924.87 with Android 6.0.1

2) Mobile / Default Menu > Set the primary/default navigation for your site. This will be used in the pop out mobile menu and as the default in navigation sections. Does not work.
    • David
      By David+
      We are building a long-page scrolling site with Pagelines 5. Our menu is made with # links that go to a container's unique ID, e.g. container_ux7al6g
      This works, but it doesn't look great in the menu. Is it possible to assign a 'nice' # link, e.g. /#solutions ? 
      We used to do this in the DMS2 platform through a workaround, but that doesn't seem to be possible now. 
      Any suggestions? 
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.