Sign in to follow this  
bsaul

Banner image missing in Internet Explorer

bsaul    1
bsaul

I'm sure I'll be able to work around this but annoyingly the image used for the banner at http://elementally.net/ is not showing up in IE.

Any ideas about why?

Thanks

Rob    547
Rob

Your image is 901px wide and with the text area of the banner, that, plus padding and margins exceeds the maximum space the banner may occupy. The element css code requires that the banner be 100%, so it's not resized or scaled to fit (which is normal). The best way to fix this is to manually resize your image in a graphics editor considering all the padding, margins and the text area (bits showing now). Subtract the total width of those from the width of your canvas area and that's the number to size the width of the image to, save and upload.

It should work then.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bsaul    1
bsaul

Thank you for your reply (and sorry to take so long to get back to you).

Well I just made the image a background instead, for now. Need to get this one up there so now at http://blog.aliumpartners.com and showing in IE (apart from 1 pixel width on the left - curses!).

Rob    547
Rob

Add this to Custom Code in CSS Rules:

#banners .banner-area {

margin: 0 0 0 -1px;

}

Let us know if that works.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bsaul    1
bsaul

Thanks Rob - only just seen this but will add your solution to a new post I raised.

:)

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Using Version 5.0.72 of P5.
      The images, as shown here: http://www.marinimporten.se/ is good aligned and have normal whitespace as they should on Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
      But in every version of Explorer (according to the client) it shows very funny, look at the screenshot. There isn't any wierd about the css, its straight forward clean from the system deafult.
      So this can't be just me i think..? It's regular "image-boxes" i've used..
      Any ideas?

• Aldo
      By Aldo
      I have an issue were only some computers see the top banner image repeat on the left and right side.
      The way I made the banner is with just a canvas background and placed an image. This was so the image will stretch to the max on either side.

see attached of the error with it repeating banner
    • lemureyes
      By lemureyes
      I have been trying for hours to get my social media buttons to appear in my header with installing custom widgets, yet they are not exactly what I have in mind.

I would like it to just have the social media buttons all line up right next to my banner like it does in DMS. I am really lost on child pages and how to input custom code into pagelines. I am really just looking for a article that will help me out or a youtube video.

*Disclaimer my website does need a lot of work I am learning all of this as I go.*
    • Aldo
      By Aldo
      I am working on a site that has a background graphic uploaded to a canves area, and a foreground graphic. The foreground has text and a head shot of a person. I have a foreground graphic I can hide the foreground so that the word don't run off the mobile device screen.

I what I like to do is keep a desktop version for wide screens and a mobile version for smaller screens. Is there a way in Pagelines to  do this?

• kellid
      By kellid
      Hello,

I'm trying to add a banner image in the header of my site between the logo and drop down login box to the right.  I've added code to my header.php file but it's above the header and not nested between these two points.  

[post='[ptiframe]61-afj1e3[/ptiframe]']Here[/post] is the code i've used in my header.php file and here is the site...

http://www.dev.modelalliance.org/

I am using pagelines framework, not DMS version 2.2.5.  

Any guidance with this would be Greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Kelli