bsaul

Related Posts plugin that does not add to Banner

bsaul

Hi

Just trying to set up a blog for a client and they want a related posts option. The trouble with this is that we have a banner in the header section, and that tries to add a related post, so throwing it beyond its box.

Has anyone used a Related Posts plugin that will only pick up the posts (some offer tick boxes to select, but still they show up on my banner)?

Site is at http://elementally.net for now (but please excuse the design - temporary to match the website).

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

I have viewed the site you linked and I am unable to see an issue. Can you provide a screenshot of the error please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bsaul

Hi Danny

I've enabled it again - you can see that the banner is including "no related posts" now.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Ok, I see what you're referring to now. However, this is related to the Share plugin, do you wish to remove it completely from displaying in your banner area ?

bsaul

I know it is the yarpp plugin (and others) that are at fault, so wondered if anyone had used one that did not do this. And yes - I don't want it the related post showing in the banner area. Some of the plugins do offer a tick box for the types of content to include but the ones I've tried did not work.

I've looked to see if there is a code that can be set to not show - can't see any.

Failing guidance I'll work through the plugins to find one that plays nicely with banners.

Appreciate you looking, Danny

Danny

Hi,

Add this and it should remove the sharebar from the banners. However, I am not sure how we are going to be able to remove the No Related Posts.

.banner-content ul#sharebar, .banner-content ul#sharebarx {
display: none !important;
}
[/CODE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• paoloimperiale
      By paoloimperiale+
      Hello,
      I was wondering if there is a way to remove "related posts" at the bottom of the pin. I just looks messy.
      (website: paoloimperiale.com)
      Thank you.

• Aldo
      By Aldo
      I have an issue were only some computers see the top banner image repeat on the left and right side.
      The way I made the banner is with just a canvas background and placed an image. This was so the image will stretch to the max on either side.

see attached of the error with it repeating banner
    • lemureyes
      By lemureyes
      I have been trying for hours to get my social media buttons to appear in my header with installing custom widgets, yet they are not exactly what I have in mind.

I would like it to just have the social media buttons all line up right next to my banner like it does in DMS. I am really lost on child pages and how to input custom code into pagelines. I am really just looking for a article that will help me out or a youtube video.

*Disclaimer my website does need a lot of work I am learning all of this as I go.*
    • Aldo
      By Aldo
      I am working on a site that has a background graphic uploaded to a canves area, and a foreground graphic. The foreground has text and a head shot of a person. I have a foreground graphic I can hide the foreground so that the word don't run off the mobile device screen.

I what I like to do is keep a desktop version for wide screens and a mobile version for smaller screens. Is there a way in Pagelines to  do this?

• kellid
      By kellid
      Hello,

I'm trying to add a banner image in the header of my site between the logo and drop down login box to the right.  I've added code to my header.php file but it's above the header and not nested between these two points.  

[post='[ptiframe]61-afj1e3[/ptiframe]']Here[/post] is the code i've used in my header.php file and here is the site...

http://www.dev.modelalliance.org/

I am using pagelines framework, not DMS version 2.2.5.  

Any guidance with this would be Greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Kelli