Sign in to follow this  
customtwit

WP Custom Menu Causing Redirect

customtwit

Was finalizing this wonderful new site for a client and added a "custom menu" widget to the footer columns. After seeing how the new custom menu looked, I deleted it and replaced the default footer columns. Now my "home" navigation link and image are forwarding to one of the items that were in the custom menu. I had a glorious Home page with featured slider. How can I get my home page back? Should be "HOME" http://173.201.230.221 Redirects for no reason to http://173.201.230.221/services/bariatric-obesity-surgery-2/ Please help. Brian Hanson www.customtwit.com

Andrew

Strange, did you install any plugins that might have written some redirects to your server files or DB? Maybe you have a plugin running that's doing it?

customtwit

No, its a brand new site. There are only 4 plugins installed at this point. I deactivated all of them and still the same problem (I always try this first, as it can commonly be the culprit). It literally occurred immediately after I deleted a WP custom menu. Its also effecting the RSS url in the footer. It's totally frustrating, Ive spent hours trying to find a solution. Brian Hanson www.customtwit.com

customtwit

OK, Well. I stand corrected. It appears it was the Redirection plugin after all. Thanks for making me go back and double check again, thus resolving the issue. Much appreciated. Not sure how I missed it first go round. Brian Hanson www.customtwit.com