Sign in to follow this  
webguru36

export theme

webguru36

I created a pagelines site for my client on my local server. Is there a way to Export this site as a new Theme? I looked through the wiki for info on creating Themes and it say s"Coming Soon! " thanks, Danielle

batman

Hi Danielle You can go to Pagelines > Dashoboard > Import/Export You remember that only export de Pagelines Setting You can import and export your pages and post with the WP option.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

webguru36

Thanks. I am familiar with how to export the settings (.dat file) from the Dashboard and export the pages/posts with WP option. I am wondering how I create my own custom theme. Under Appearance > Themes > PageLines Framework. I would like my new Theme to appear here.

catrina

If you created a site using PageLines Framework, it's not really a new theme. It's still PageLines Framework, so the settings you set up on the local server will need to be imported. By creating custom theme, are you referring to a child theme?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

webguru36

Thanks for your response. I am trying to better understand better how Themes are created using Pagelines. In the Store for PageLines other themes are sold or are free. They are built with Pagelines, correct? Are these child themes? I am interested in learning more about creating custom themes using Pagelines if that is an available option. thanks!

catrina

In the Store, the themes are child themes that are built for PageLines Framework. Are you interested in building a child theme like these ones?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob

When using the Base Theme, a folder is created which you may rename. Download the folder to your local machine via FTP. Then, upload it to the client's machine, placing it in the same place, but with the new name. It should show up on Appearance > Themes as something you can activate. While on your local machine, you may also zip it, making transfer easier.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur