ksnyde

Disabling Twitter Bootstrap load

ksnyde

I noticed recently that Pagelines is loading Twitter's Bootstrap JS file (or possibly it's a Pageline section?). Anyway, it shows up as script.bootstrap.min.js and is loaded from: /wp-content/themes/pagelines/js/script.bootstrap.min.js?ver=2.0.3 The reason I'd like to disable this is that I already use Bootstrap extensively but am using a newer version (v2.1) and would like to have control which modules I use versus having the overhead of them all being loaded. Having them both load is not only an unnecessary overhead but also creates conflicts. With the bootstrap-dropdown.js for instance dropdowns get two handlers and their actions cancel each other out.

catrina

You can try moving the script.bootstrap.min.js file from the js folder (but keep it somewhere else just in case you may need it).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ksnyde

Do you know if the dependency on Bootstrap is documented anywhere? How extensive is it? Which modules does it effect? etc.

Danny

Hi, Disabling our Bootstrap integration is something I would advise against, as it will most likely cause some issues, especially with sections such as Masthead, NavBar, Scrollspy etc... The dependency of Bootstrap in PageLines Framework is not currently documented as far as I know.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

We do not use the bootstrap css files.

We enqueue the bootstrap js file, then bake the bootstrap LESS files into out LESS files, and the result is the 'compiled-css' file. Its only served on the front end.

Simon

The ID's are:

bootstrap JS: pagelines-bootstrap-all

compiled css: pagelines-less