Sign in to follow this  
seth@tscg.biz

Event Tracking "Feature Link" URLs in Framework?

seth@tscg.biz

This may be a silly question (I've been known to ask those). I'm using Framework 2.2.5. I've been using Framework for awhile, and Platform for a long time before that, too. This has always bugged me, and now, I'm determined to figure this out: Is there *any way at all* to add Event Tracking for Google Analytics (i.e., onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent' method) to URL we add in Features, using the Feature Link URL box? If you go to http://www.tscg.biz you'll see that I've got about 9 slides up in my current features section. I would really love to be able to track clicks on the "More" button that Framework adds to my features - sometimes these features send traffic to the same page as other links on the home page, sometimes I want to test different images/captions on the slider, etc - and the only way I can think to test this kind of stuff is using event tracking. Has anyone tried this, found a way to do it, or found another method that works with the features tool?

Danny

HI, For this you will need custom code, therefore I think the best course of action would be to contact one of our pros and see if they can assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

I would have to agree with Danny, as an error in coding could be problematic. It's safer and sounder judgement to have a pro do something that's potentially risky. I'm accepting Danny's answer for you, for moderation purposes. You can always continue the conversation by adding to it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur