Sign in to follow this  
ashiq

Our website is down and redirecting to pagelines website

ashiq

Hi there, I need some urgent help. Our site http://www.elim4yeovil.com has been working well, but suddenly the site is disappeared and the only thing we can see is the footer logo and that too is redirecting to pagelines website! Could this be a hack? We haven't changed anything to the working site but suddenly this has happened.

Rob

Someone seems to have miscoded a customization. I do not believe this is a hack because the name Elim (both part of your site name and the name on the link) are common elements. Hackers usually inject their own stuff, not yours. It appears someone has attempted to replace the PageLines Leaf logo, which is hardcoded into core files, with your logo. Yes, it will display, but since the code is complex, it's yielding this:

I'd suggest undoing the customization and placing a full-width sidebar in the footer in place of the .plimage or .cred that was modified and implementing your logo, background color and proper link via a text widget in that sidebar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ashiq

Hi rangelone, Many thanks for the insight. We have done this and the site is working well now but the mystery remains as to how this happened in the first place because we haven't altered the site or made any changes before the problem occured and the site was working well without any problems. The credibility of pagelines is in question and we feel we should think about continuing the site in pagelines or not. Any other help and advise would be greatly appreciated. many thanks

catrina

I can't provide any explanation for why some problems occur. Glad your site is up and running well again though!

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse