Sign in to follow this  
kellid

Custom Post Loop lost in upgrade

kellid

it's me again! I know, I'm annoying...so sorry. I'm testing the Framework upgrade on my dev site and it seems I've lost my custom post loop that I had with platformpro. I've installed the base child theme and uploaded the functions, section.postsinfo, section.pullquote and section.sb_base.php files but still nothing. How can I get this back? I was looking at Catloop but I havent' seen a postive remark about it yet. Any suggestions?

catrina

The structure of PageLines Framework differs a bit from PlatformPro, which is why the functions and files section.postsinfo, section.pullquote and section.sb_base.php aren't cooperating. In Framework, the section pullquote is no longer a section and section.sb_base (base sidebar) is no longer a sidebar. As for section.postsinfo, it's re-named section.php in the postsinfo subfolder within the sections folder in the theme folder.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kellid

So how would I accomplish getting my loop back?

kellid

Could someone lead me in the right direction?

James B

Hi Kellid I've never used Platform Pro so I'm trying to catch up on the conversation above, apologies in advance if I've misunderstood what you're trying to achieve. If you're looking to make a category page within the framework, you can do so by creating a custom menu in the WP dashboard, WP>Appearances>Menus (the framework will auto generate the category page from this link). If you've already created a custom menu you can simply assign the category using the checkboxes in the bottom left hand corner. If you haven't made a custom menu for your site you will now have to do so, make sure you include all your current pages/links. Arrange them in order (indent a child link under the parent link for drop down menus) and save. Make sure you scroll to the top left of the page and assign your new menu to the relevant section (brandnav, main nav etc). Your new nav will now replace your existing nav and include your category page link. To style the category page or add additional drag&drop sections go to Pagelines>Site Options> Category Page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bxbmedia

@kellid - Sections are handled a little differently with the pagelines framework compared to platform pro like @catrina said. The pullquote section is not part of the core framework but is available as an example section that is bundled with the Base child theme for the framework as part of the developer toolkit - available for free here in the developer resources. For more information on how sections work in pagelines framework, you could also see the developer training series of videos, which starts going over building custom sections around video 6 or 7. About your custom loop, is that a custom section of yours, a customized core section, or something else entirely? The posts info section, pullquote section and base sidebar don't sound like they would have any kind of custom loop going on. Can you describe what you were able to do in platform pro and perhaps provide some code as to how you achieved it? You can easily share code using the pagelines pastebin. Just share the url after it's up.

gl hf

kellid

Thanks so much for all of the feedback!! Jamie, Danny, bxb....So appreciated! About the custom loop. @bxbmedia, this is a custom section that was created in the child theme of PlatformPro. I had 1 homepage loop that contained the latest post from my 2 post categories. I only want to show 1 category this time in the content section of my static homepage. I've copied the postloop folder to the sections folder of my child theme and added the code Simon recommended.. <?php /* Section: newPostLoop Author: PageLines Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com Description: The Main Posts Loop. Includes content and post information. Class Name: PageLinesPostLoop Workswith: main */ class PageLinesPostLoop extends PageLinesSection { function section_template() { if (is_home()) { query_posts("cat=48"); } //Included in theme root for easy editing. $theposts = new PageLinesPosts(); $theposts->load_loop(); } } /* End of section class */ The newpostloop section shows up now in my drag and drop and I've made a custom template for my homepage with this loop in the content section but the loop does not show. Not sure what I'm missing. This is the code I had in functions.php http://paste.pagelines.com/2dv There were originally 2 loops but I've deleted 1. I'm sorry, obviously php is new to me but you guys are helping me tremendously. Thanks again.

kellid

I'm all good now. Thanks so much to an incredible team. K.

Danny

No problem :D

Please search our forums, before posting!