Sign in to follow this  
hopeofglory

Custom logo not working

hopeofglory

Hi I have added my custom logo to my website but it is not appearing. Any reason why or is it hidden behind the menus. Thanks

Danny

Hi, First things first, there is something very odd happening on your website. My Google Chrome's web dev tool is showing errors on your page, however the total number of errors is increasing like a stopwatch. I recommend you disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this removes the error. http://screencast.com/t/C0WNbZLdDx Regarding your logo, are you uploading your logo to the Website Setup logo uploader or the NavBar logo uploader ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

hopeofglory

Hi Danny You are right I did notice some issues since yesterday after updating one of the plugins. I think I know the one causing issues after I had deleted all non essential plugins but I am in the process of replacing contents currently served by this plugin before I disable it. I uploaded one via the custom header image under website setup and also one via the Navbar page for fixed navbar. Thanks

Danny

Hi, If you have uploaded a logo image to both the Website Setup and NavBar and it is not appearing, this issue may be caused by the plugin conflict. Remove the plugin causing this error and then see if your logo appears.

hopeofglory

Hi I have deactivated all plugins but still having same issue. Not sure what else could be the problem.

catrina

Try deleting the image uploads and reuploading the images again to see if they work. Also, be sure to clear your browser cache before refreshing and checking the site.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob

Presently, what active sections do you have in Drag & Drop > Header?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dawsonbarber

I thought I'd chime in here as I was just about to search for a solution to what appears to be the same problem (on a site on maintenance mode, so no link). I initially mucked about adding two text-widgets into the Universal Sidebar in order to have a custom logo showing up on the left-hand side and some other content on the right hand side of the header/logo area. It worked fine, but as I am new to PageLines and playing around with it, so I decided to scrap the Universal Sidebar from the active section in the Header and use Site Options > Website Setup > Custom Header Options to set the logo. After uploading and saving, the logo didn't show up. I've deactivated all plugins, no change. I've deleted all images, pressed the reset button, and cleared the cache, still no change. The only way I can get the logo to show up is if I use the BrandNav in the site header in the Drag & Drop section, which I don't want to do as I want to use the NavBar. I took a look at hopeofglory's site and the logo/header/navbar situation looks the same as mine. Not trying to hijack this thread, just thought that since we seem to be having the same problem, I would also my voice to the discussion. Thanks

dawsonbarber

I just noticed that under Store > Sections > Core Framework the Branding section was not active, so I activated it, then deleted the logo from Site Options > Website Setup > Custom Header Image, deleted all other images from Media, deactivated all non-PL plugins, uploaded my logo image to Site Options > Website Setup > Custom Header Image, clicked Save, and refreshed the page...still no logo. Not sure if this helps, but perhaps it's one more possibility to eliminate/consider.

James B

Hopeofglory, let us know if the above worked for you or if you require further assistance.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

hopeofglory

Hi All 1. All the core frameworks are active 2. I initially noticed that when I select BrandNav, my logo will appear but not the way i wanted it. My question is since I selected NavBar as the header active bar, does it now mean that I can only us the Fixed Navigation Bar?

Danny

Hi, Can you please take a screenshot of all your settings in: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Site Options > Navbar

catrina

You need to have the Fixed Navigation Bar to be activated in order for the fixed NavBar logo to show. Please check the box next to "Enable Fixed Navigation Bar" and save your options.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hopeofglory

The issue is when i do that, it places another header over the one I need. Is there any alternative to this. Thanks

Rob

Hi, I think what Catrina's trying to tell you is that if you're using settings for Fixed Menu elsewhere in those settings, you have to use the option to Enable Fixed Navigation. If you don't want that, go to your other settings and change them from Fixed to Standard. Settings for Fixed menu are intended to be the header that hangs above the rest, while you're really using a Standard menu, which is inside the normal or standard menu parameters.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hopeofglory

The issue is there isn't any section that says "NavBar Logo" apart from the "Fixed NavBar - NavBar Logo Pro". But then the only option given is "Fixed NavBar Logo" and none for NavBar Logo as the heading says. After that we have "NavBar and Fixed NavBar Theme", so my assumption is NavBar and Fixed NavBar are two different settings. Why do we have a missing section for NavBar Logo or better still Standard NavBar as it appears both are same. Thanks

Danny

Hi, OK first thing first, I have apologise as I should have noticed this straight away, which I didn't. But the NavBar doesn't support a logo being added to it, the upload logo option is only for the Fixed Navbar. The Fixed Navbar and Navbar are two different things, Would it be possible for you to go into more detail about what you're referring to when you say:

Why do we have a missing section for NavBar Logo or better still Standard NavBar as it appears both are same.

hopeofglory

Hi Danny You have actually answered my question. the NavBar does not support a logo which means that function wasn't added in the release. Meanwhile, if you look closely at my NavBar, you will notice that there is a fixed NavBar behind it with this CSS name "navbar fix navbar-content-width pl-color-red". So how do I bring that to the front. Thanks

Danny

Hi, There is no other Navbar behind, the pl-color-red simply means thats the style you have set in your NavBar options. If you were to go to Site Options > NavBar and then change the style to "Blue", it class would then change to pl-color-blue.