Sign in to follow this  
usxmarine

select and signup

usxmarine

how can i build a "select and signup" option like pagelines has?

usxmarine

i'd like to build a content based shopping cart with a membership option like pagelines has when purchasing their products. i'll be selling a service but would people to be able to have an account.

Danny

Hi, PageLines uses a script called aMember, I have provided you with a link below. http://www.amember.com/

Please search our forums, before posting!

usxmarine

WOW, so pagelines doesnt even use its' own platform, plugins or themes? How many of your users know this? Call me crazy but it seems like a pretty big deal.

Rob

Actually aMember is a very specialized product that's not like a framework, platform or theme. It's a background processing tool. Of course we use our own framework for our site. Site in WordPress use plugins. Are we limited to only our own plugins because we also build plugins of our own? That doesn't seem logical to rational thinking.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

usxmarine

from a consumers perspective, relatively my own, I've come across quite a few unanswered and misdirected discussions on the forums here. Im far from an expert but many of those unanswered/misguided discussions should have been easily resolved by pagelines reps due to the work they put into the platforms. Now I'm wondering do pagelines reps really know how to use their own products, especially in a sense of finding out which ones work together, or do they just code them and add them to a cart for profit. I've seen the following answer more than I have any other on this forum and it's kind of a no wonder: "uninstall all plugins and try again" Pagelines and it's plugins are GREAT! You guys should try them sometime.

Danny

Hi, Can you provide a link to all these unanswered and misdirected posts please.

I've seen the following answer more than I have any other on this forum and it's kind of a no wonder: "uninstall all plugins and try again"

99.9999999999% of most users issues are related to plugins, this is why we will always ask the question "Can you disable all active plugins" and 99.999999% of the time, this resolves the users issue. All of the PageLines products are built according to WordPress API standards and do work with the majority of plugins out there. However, some plugins, do not follow these standards and this is when the problems start and a lot of people seem to think that if a plugin doesn't work its a theme issue, when its more likely a plugin issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!