Sign in to follow this  
je4light

Local to Remote Migration Problems: Theme Info Missing

je4light

I finished my local development with WAMP last night, and here was my process. 1) I exported the entire local database via myphp 2) Did find and replace for all localhost:8888/wordpress with projectdehradun.com. 3) Imported the mysql database to the remote myphp server. 4) uploaded all files in the local dev wordpress folder (wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes and all individual files at root level) to the remote server's root directory. My problem is that projectdehradun.com now does have any of the pagelines theme information that I created on the local development. It is strange, because it still loads some of the content, but it seems to be SUPER slow. It is missing fixed nav bar, and basically all the sitewide and special page settings. How do I get the pagelines theme information that I spent so much time customizing onto my live server?

Danny

Hi, I have attempted to visit your website but the URL appears to be incorrect. Can you provide the correct URL so we can investigate please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

je4light

My apologies. http://www.projectdehradun.com/home/issues-process/ is a good example of some of the issues I'm running into. I imported the pagelines settings and that helped a lot, but now most images that are at the top of the page are getting crazy compression, and look ridiculous. What is a solution for this? do I have to go in and manually re upload each photo that is behaving this way?

Danny

Hi, I think the best thing to do regarding those crazy compressed images would be to remove them and add them again. Also, your homepage Quick Slider images are still pointing to your local host

Please search our forums, before posting!