Sign in to follow this  
mustard

Pagelines theme won't upload/activate

mustard

Hey, I'm trying to upload pagelines theme to my wordpress with no luck. I've tried to upload via Appearance >Themes>Install Themes with a zip file and it sticks on "Unpacking the package..." screen and nothing happens. I've sourced the internet for answers including adding lines of code (AddType x-mapp-php5 .php) to the .htaccess file, no luck. I've also uploaded the theme via ftp, which adds the theme to the "Available Themes" area but when activated my screen goes blank (which also happens when I "Live Preview'). Refreshing the page it states that the theme is broken and is reverting back to the base theme. Just to make this clear: I've Downloaded and tried to install the newest version of Pagelines (2.2.5) Tried to install a previous version of Pagelines(2.2.1) Have the latest version of Wordpress (3.4.1) I've uninstalled and reinstalled Wordpress (3.4.1) Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks

mustard

It's PHP Version 5.2.10 Is there something specific that you need to see?

Danny

Hi, Can you please provide your full PHP info, so we can take a closer look. As this may well be a server configuration issue. Therefore, you may want to contact your web host provider. Have you tried to installing another theme and see if you get the same error ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

mustard

Hey Danny, I've tried other themes and the same thing happend. I'll contact my host to see if is a server configuration issue. Have a good weekend. I'll keep you in the loop and let you know what happens. Thanks again.

Danny

OK, if you're experiencing the same issue when attempting to install other themes, then this is certainly a hosting issue. Keep us updated.

clayhmn

I haven't had coffee yet and the light just came on.

Jenny

Hi @clayhmn - could you please start a new support topic with your issue? Thanks.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mustard

Hey Danny, could you please review my PHP settings (link removed) let me know if you have any suggestion for my host to change settings. Thanks M

Danny

Hi, While I'm reviewing your settings, did your host get back to you and make any suggestions, as to what could be causing this issue? Also, who is your host?

Danny

Hi, OK, inform your host to increate your PHP memory limit, it is currently at 16MB. Ask them to increase it to something like 128MB so that this issue never pops up again. Once they have changed the value, PageLines will installs correctly.

mustard

Thanks Danny, I'll let you know how it goes. Can we some how edit my php details off this forum?

James B

Hi Mustard, I've removed the link with your details for you :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B