Sign in to follow this  
kellid

Drop down menu disappearing....I know

kellid

Hello, I've been researching this issue but have not found a solution. I've tried deactivation plugins, I didn't edit core files but I did edit pages and custom css. I see this code in firebug..in my style.css page. .main_nav ul ul { display: none; } Not sure why this would have just changed and I can't seem to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?! Thanks in advance!!! Kelli

James B

Hi Kelli I've checked your site and the drop downs seem to be appearing fine. Have you resolved this? Is the code you've provided above inside your custom css? Is so just remove it and re-save. There are options inside the Site Options>Header and Footer tab which control the dropdowns, make sure the correct ones are selected for what you want displayed etc. :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

kellid

Hi J!! They are still not appearing for me!! On my phone or computer. Chrome, Firefox and safari. That code is not in my custom CSS but I see it's somewhere on my style.css file via firebug. If I remove This from style, won't that mess up the nab? I've also Checked header nav settings and all are correct. I don't know how to fix this, any other thoughts?!

Danny

HI Kellid, If your navigation drop down is not working but you have set the options up correctly. Then can you please disable all plugins and see if that resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kellid

Hi Danny, I disabled all plugins and nothing. Maybe it's something I may have done in my custom css but I can't seem to figure it out. :(

kellid

it's definitely something with css. i removed the last few entries I made and the dropdown came back! I started adding one by one and it disappeared again so I removed them again and now it still won't come back.!!! Nothing I do is making it show again..help!!!!

kellid

I'll delete something, it will come back but as soon as I click through to a different page it disappears again??!???! :-?

kellid

last one...I'm doing a lot of "display none" make 2 menus. One is a brandnav for a memebers only section and the main nav for the main portion of the site. Could that have anything to do with it?

kellid

Hi Catrina!! Thanks for responding. It won't let me add all of the code..too many characters. How else can I post?

catrina

You have a lot of display: none attributes for individual menu items. This may have to do with the menu problems. Why are these items being hidden individually?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kellid

I needed 2 different menu's for different "sections. One is the main section (homepage, forum, etc) and the Member's section which is hidden by s2member plugin. I've looked on the board and asked and this was the only way I found to have 2 different menu's displayed on the site. Do you know of another way to have 2 different menu's active in the header at the same time?

catrina

I think there is a way to hide a navigation menu where you want it to hide, but you don't have to hide each menu item one by one. You can hide the menu as a whole on a certain page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kellid

but how do i get the alternative menu in the header? do you know what i mean? i don't see an option on each page to list the alternative menu.

catrina

I meant that you can hide the alternative menu without hiding its individual items. Does that make sense?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kellid

yes, I would rather hide an entire menu as opposed to menu items. I do get it. But, I don't know how to get the alternative menu up to hide it in the first place. Is there a way to use menu #1 on pages 1, 2, 3 and 4 and menu #2 on pages 5, 6, 7 and 8? And NOT use the "brandnav"?

kellid

There is no other way to do this? Help!!!

Rob

Kelli, this may seem simplistic and perhaps a bit silly, but have you made sure that you have Drop Down enabled? In Dashboard > Appearance > Menus, under Theme Locations, do you have the correct menu selected?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kellid

Hi there, Why oh why could it not be so simple. I WISH it were that easy :( yes, correct nav. Thanks for trying!! So there is no way to have 2 different primary nav's going at the same time?

Danny

Hi Kellid, What you're asking is not really a theme/framework issue. If you're using a membership plugin such as S2Member there should be some functionality/setting that uses conditional logic to display/hide content/menu items from logged in users and guests.

kellid

Hi danny Problem is the drop down is still disappearing. I've tried everything and now I have all pages showing until I can resolve this. And it's driving me crazy. Would it be possible to hire you for personal help just to get the drop downs to show again? I'm at a serious loss and I don't know what to do. Thanks

Danny

Hi, Unfortunately, I am not available for hire. However, if you have added custom CSS then I recommend you remove all CSS associated to your menu. This is most likely the cause of the problem. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

kellid

That did not work. Ive tried it along with every other solution seen on the web.. I've even tried contacting Platform pros and no response. I can't believe no one can help me.

Danny

Have you enabled the drop down menu functionality, which is located in: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Header and Footer > Nav Classic & BrandNav Section - Drop Down Handling and check the option "Enable Drop Down Navigation?"