Sign in to follow this  
mightyjak

Adding Javascript to page gets nothing

mightyjak

I??™ve tried adding javascript to my page in the following three ways: -Manually edited header.php file -Added to the text portion of my index page via the HTML tab -Entered via Custom Code > Header Scripts -Installed and tried HiFi plugin Each time I get nothing. Is it a problem with the source? I got it from a partner website for inclusion on my page. I??™m more of a cut-and-paste guy than under-stand-how-this-works guy. If I??™ve missed something obvious, please let me know. Here??™s what I??™ve been working with:

Rob

That code looks broken. it's just writing "new a2z.Widget('dGbJ%2fQfPqUA4s%2fDNrIc%2fzt5xiq%2fL4ZoFjVXmdUEcJutOcD9ggxZSCZyU8MZ6cQu6',4862,'http://libs.a2zinc.net/Common/Widgets/ExhibitorBadge.aspx',6,112357,330,200).render();" as plain text. Where did you get the code? Can you provide a link to the source? On a side note, it's advisable to never attempt to edit core files such as header.php.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mightyjak

I learned the hard way about editing header.php. Never again! Unfortunately the source code is behind an exhibitor dashboard for an upcoming tradeshow. I can try to post a screen shot if that would help.

Rob

Yes. It might. If you look at the code though, you'll see that it's just presenting all that code as if it was the link text in a URL...

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mightyjak

I went back to the widget vendor, who provided a the following iFrame:

catrina

iFrame code should not be added inside the tag, or else the site will not function properly. If it needs to be in the body, it's best to add it to the HTML tab within the page editor for a specific page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse