Sign in to follow this  
srussel2

Full Browser Width Feature Image Section

srussel2

I am full of questions today. Looked this up but couldn't find an answer. I would like to have a 100% width feature image slider on just my homepage between my nav classic and content area. However, I am not sure how to achieve this. I know CSS and am somewhat familiar with hooks & php ... can you make hooks page specific? Not really keen on editing the layout .php files, in case I need to update to a newer version. At work right now but will test any suggestions someone has when I get home. Thanks :)

James B

Hi Srussel, Yes you can implement the features to be full width, but it does take some css and some trial and error. I've recently got this working on my site using margins and then negative padding to break it out of the container it's set in etc. However, there are a few areas which you have to edit using css in order to achieve this as each area is set within its own container. The figures provided might have to be tweaked to resolve on your site, but have a go and see what happens :)

#features {
	    margin-left: -400px;
	    margin-right: -400px;
	    padding: 400px;
	}

#feature-area { box-shadow: 0 2px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
	    margin-left: -400px;
	    margin-right: -400px;
	    overflow: hidden;
	}

#cycle {
	    width: 100% !important;
	}

Hope this helps :) Ps. I didn't add the additional padding to the #features-area section, but it worked on my site. If it doesn't work on yours, you might have to add padding:400px to that section.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B