Sign in to follow this  
srussel2

Brainstorming... how would I do this.

srussel2

Perhaps all of you pagelines and wordpress gurus can help me out... I am trying to figure out the most streamline way to create individual "profile" pages. Basically I want to list our member's dogs.... On the starting page I would like to have a profile picture of each dog and a "read more" link to direct to individual profile pages. However I dont want to create 100's of wordpress pages.... is there any kind of plugin/feature that could help with this? I wish there was something like contact form 7 where I can make an item and then have a shortcode to link to it. Thanks

catrina

That sounds like a hefty job! Do you already have the content for each of the 100s of profiles? I think a plugin would be best, but it's just a matter of finding the right one.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

srussel2

Hi Catrina, thanks for responding! I know :-( Yeah I have the content already and am just looking for the best way to implement. I wish I could make my own plugins sometimes! But I am not that advanced yet... I guess I am looking for something similar to a mysql database & query. What would be perfect is to have an "item" list in my admin menu... sort of like the member's plugins. Something like: ID # - Dog Name - Dog Breed - Edit Profile The profile would have more information. Like the ability to upload a picture and write down a description. And then, on my wordpress page I can just have a link, such as

Click to ready about sparky[/code]

Once clicked it would direct to the dog's page which would list its profile information. But, it would keep my layout(branding, nav, content, etc) but just stick in the "profile" as in include. So it would be like a fake page, and my "pages" wouldn't get so clogged up. I wish I new php right now.....