Sign in to follow this  
btohara

Whitehouse Pro 3 Layout vs Original

btohara

I purchased the upgrade to Whitehouse Pro 3 and do not like the layout as much as I do the original version. I don't mind having paid for the upgrade but want to know whether the original I purchased will continue to work with WP upgrades in the future and be supported? If I have to keep buying upgrades to stay up with the wordpress updates I will have to look at another product. The original version meets my needs just fine and I would love to just keep using it.

cmunns

You can use the old version. While we only maintain the most recent version there is no reason why it will get "left behind" so to speak as WP continues to upgrade. For example, WP3.0 menus won't work with version 2 of WHP but it's not going to break it either.

Andrew

Plus we'll continue to support you here, and make sure you get help if you want some specific sort of functionality :)

btohara

2.13 is the version I have. Is that the last one that was published before the PRo3> If not how would I go about obtaining any of the last updates? And thanks. I really love the theme. Just not the footer layout in 3.

Andrew

Yes it was.... Future versions will hopefully give you the option between different versions of the footer, if you want :) Keep in touch.

btohara

Thanks. I was able to hack the css to get it to work. I will wait for new versions. I saw a lot of complaints about this and I am glad to hear you are considering adding it back in as an option in future releases. The older footer is much cleaner. Thanks