Sign in to follow this  
szool

re-order category nav?

szool

The category nav orders alphabetically. How can I change that to order by ID in the order that I choose? I have a plug-in called "My Category Order" which lets you change the order on the sidebar widget but how do I change it likewise on the category nav bar?

cmunns

Are you looking for a custom order? There are ways to re-order it using the function already provided in sub_head.php ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li='&'); ?> ` Can become: ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li= &orderby=id'); ?> ` But this will just put them in order of lowest to highest id number. Basically you change the function to get close but the plug-in won't work in the subnav area

cmunns

Are you looking for a custom order? There are ways to re-order it using the function already provided in sub_head.php ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li='&'); ?> ` Can become: ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li= &orderby=id'); ?> ` But this will just put them in order of lowest to highest id number. Basically you change the function to get close but the plug-in won't work in the subnav area

szool

I would not want it in order by ID #, but in the order I place the ID's top to bottom....

szool

or left to right.... so I can put them in the exact order I want them... not sorting in any way... but manually positioning them.