Sign in to follow this  
jumino

Is there a way to update to the new official Twitter logo?

jumino

Aloha from Hawaii! Wanted to know if there was a way to update the Twitter logo from the "t" to the official twitter branding "bird" logo. According to Twitter's usage guidelines, the old "t" logo is no longer acceptable for their brand -- and I wanted to make sure all of our clients are in compliance with Twitter's logo/branding rules: https://twitter.com/logo Mahalo! Jason

jumino

...and actually, the same goes for Google Plus' new red logo vs. the old black/primary color logo. The Pagelines share bar also reflect the latest and greatest red logo to be in compliance with Google's branding, if possible. Thanks again! Some of our clients have relationships with Twitter/Google, so that's why I want to make sure their social buttons are the most up-to-date. Aloha!

mackenzie

This is something in the works however there is not a timeline on when a new twitter logo will be automatic in PageLines. However, in the meantime you can download this logo and replace the standard T logo in Pagelines. http://www.logoeps.com/twitter-bird-vector/3956/

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

jumino

Aloha mackenzie -- Thanks! Would you happen to have directions on how I'd swap this out in the Pagelines system? Or a Forum link to step-by-step instructions? Mahalo!

Danny

HI, All you would need to do is simply download a new twitter button featuring their new logo and then resize this image/icon to 24x24 pixels, save the image/icon and call it twitter.png Then using your favourite FTP client, upload and replace the PageLines default image/icon with the one new on you have created. /wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/branding/twitter.png

Please search our forums, before posting!

jumino

Thank you guys...I'll give it a go. I'd also like to reiterate the importance of having the most up-to-date social icons integrated into the system -- as we'd love to have all of our websites compliant with the branding rules for Twitter, G+, Facebook, etc. Would be awesome to have that right out of the box :) Thanks again for the quick reply...Aloha! Jason

Danny

Hi Jason, I have added this request to our tracker as a feature enhancement.

Please search our forums, before posting!