Sign in to follow this  
apattee

Need help with menu bar

apattee

Can someone explain why the menu bar looks the way it does? I've set this up on a test page, and ideally I can style the menu bar to look like it does on the rest of the site. Screen%20Shot%202012-08-28%20at%201.48.25%20PM.png The site is currently using the "Primary Website Navigation" in the Menu settings area. I was told to change this to the "Simple Nav Section" because of my desire to have an automatic drop down when hovering over the menu. Ideally we can just figure out the automatic drop down, and then I can work on styling it. I'm wondering if my CSS is messing up the test page menu?

James B

Hi there, It looks like you've added a fair bit of CSS to style out the items. I notice you say you changed the nav in order to get the drop downs on hover. Was this css previously set for the new navbar as opposed to the classic nav? It might have an effect on the way the li ul menus display, I'd say copy and paste the nav css somewhere safe, then remove it from the custom code box and see how the options display. Then it will be a case of tweaking the nav again to how you want it to look or pasting the code back in afterwards. Let us know how you get on and if we can help further. If the above method doesn't have any positive effect on the nav drop downs, then post your css code here so we can take a look :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B