Sign in to follow this  
boonem311

Banner Page/Sidebar Issue Solved?

boonem311

Hi, All ----- I have read numerous discussions of folks wishing to allow the sidebar to appear next to my banner (or boxes) page. As I have just purchased Pagelines 2.2 and now building my site, has this issue been resolved? If the sidebars are supposed to be "global", then why are they pushed below the banner and box pages? Thanks! Michael

Rob

Michael, Beautiful site. If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and select Page Templates and apply Boxes in one of the templates there, the boxes will be above the sidebar and content. However, if you go to Drag & Drop and select Content Area and include Boxes in any template there, you will see boxes next to sidebars. You can remove Boxes from Page Templates and place them on Content Area templates without affecting which box sets appear on the pages using the same template. So, if your page uses Template 1 and you had Boxes in the Page Template Area and moved it to Content Area for Template 1, the box set will continue to appear on the page, but with the sidebar next to it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joshfretz

I am trying to accomplish the same thing as mentioned above. I would like to have 3 boxes on my home page with the content section below, But I would like to add my main sidebar with widgets to my homepage and have it start at the top beside the 3rd box section. I have tried doing what you have mentioned above but am having trouble making the boxes appear. I am using platform pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Josh

Jenny

Hi Josh. Drag&Drop -> Page Templates = puts sidebars below any sections activated here Drag&Drop -> Page Templates -> Content Area = puts sidebars next to any sections activated here Hope that helps!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

boonem311

Yes - sorry for not doing more homework - thank you for your help! Michael