Sign in to follow this  
paul_

Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 browser problems?

paul_

Dear people, I have a question. We have some problems with our website. This is our website In the browser of internet Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox the site is working good. In "Internet explorer" (more versions, like 7, 8, and 9) the site doesn't work good it all. (You can also see that are different problems in different versions of internet explorer) Can someone explain this and how this problem could be fixed? Thanks a lot! With kinds regards, Rowin Winkels.

catrina

The problem with Internet Explorer is that issues related to it are often out of our hands (it's up to the people at IE to get their act together and make improvements). There are some minor issues that can be fixed, but not everything can be adjusted. I don't have IE or access to it to see the issues. Can you please post screenshots of your site on IE?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

paul_

Dear Catrina, Thank you for your answer. I hope it can be fixed. On the screenshots you can see the problems. This one is Google Chrome (just like mozilla firefox): Chrome.jpg This one is Internet Explorer 8: Internet-explorer8.jpg This one is Internet Explorer 9: Internet-explorer9.jpg Thank you for your answer. With kinds regards, Paul and Rowin

catrina

Based on the screenshot for IE, I can see the following: -Transparency problems in the navigation and elsewhere on the site -Alignment problems -Wrong link colors The transparency issue is common on IE, but in the footer the black links (in IE9) that should be red might be adjustable.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

paul_

Hi Catrina, Thank you for your answer. I see what the problems are on the front. But on the back-end I can't fix them? The problem in my case, is that the website html code is made for Chrome and firefox, but not for Internet explorer? I hope it can be fixed? Rowin.

catrina

Internet Explorer is known to have a lot of issues with the way it reads HTML and there is no way around them (unfortunately) since these issues are out of our hands. We can try CSS fixes to alleviate some issues, though.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

paul_

Dear Catrina, Are you from the Pagelines.com support team? Can I ask you to try to fix the website problems? (css?) Rowin.

Danny

Hi Rowin/Paul Can you please disable all non-PageLines plugins please and see if that resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!