Sign in to follow this  
jomdahl

Custom Page Template Disappeared from PlatformPro and Page View

jomdahl

Hello, I found some things in the forum that related to my question, but none of them answered my question fully. I am have built a customized blog page using the Custom Page Page Template (page.base.php). However I built it by altering the PhP file so that it contains all the PhP & HTML needed to render the page. I did not use PlatformPro at all to construct this template. Does this cause any known problems? This method worked beautifully for about a month and then all off a sudden I have lost all connection with the "Custom Page" template within the wordpress interface. I can not select the "Custom Page" template in Platform Pro or on the Page level. The other templates are there, i.e. Banner, Feature, but the custom page has disappeared. Any help or guidance you can provide would be very appreciated.

Rob

Hi, I'm unsure why you did things the way you did, but that's not the way to do things. First, you should never edit core files.... which is repeated throughout this forum, the documentation and everywhere else I can think of. Doubtlessly, it will be engraved upon my tombstone. Next, by editing or creating a page outside the Platform you may well be 'disconnecting' it from the platform since it's not registered by the system for use. Finally, the basic, fundamental rules of WordPress... as basic as the elements of nature... say that including anything but empty space in a blog page is a guaranteed way to prevent content from appearing on that blog page. All that said, we provide PlatformBase which allows you to replicate/customize sections, pages, templates and the like to your heart's content. Please use PlatformPro 1.5.3 as your core platform and PlatformBase 1.4.1 as the child theme. You can copy and edit the original page.base.php into that child theme (using the same folder structure) and edit it manually. PLEASE do not use HTML editors such as Dreamweaver as they leave residual hidden code that will break the page (a GUARANTEED fact). Follow the instructions located at http://www.pagelines.com/docs for PlatformPro and PlatformBase.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jomdahl

Thank you for the prompt response. I will definitely go about things differently and follow the documentation more closely. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

Anytime! If you need help along the way, or some pointers in the right direction, please feel free to post a topic here anytime.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur