margeaux7

Dropdown falls behind feature in IE 8 and also menu bar is blue instead of black

margeaux7

I have read that if I insert the following that the dropdown issue can be fixed but my feature does not contain a video. Consequently I don't no where to add it. "?wmode=opaque" Thank you.

margeaux7

Update: I found this but I am fearful of adding it as suggested because I don't want to accidentally take my site down. Is the following advisable? Simply paste the following at the beginning of your theme??™s functions.php (after <?php ), and the wmode attribute will be setup automatically: function add_video_wmode_transparent($html, $url, $attr) { if (strpos($html, "

margeaux7

By the way. The Pagelines fixed nav bar works in IE8 but mine does not. Any thoughts. Please. Thank you.

margeaux7

I wonder why the pagelines fixed navbar dropdowns work and mine do not. Thank you Catrina.

catrina

Did you find it in a topic on this forum or on another site? I haven't seen it referenced before and I can't say whether or not it'll crash your site.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

margeaux7

Ok. I understand but can you tell me why the dropdowns work in IE8 for pagelines.com but not my site?

catrina

There is a problem on your site's end, but I'm not certain what it could be. IE8-related issues are difficult to diagnose, but I'm going to take an educated guess based on my search around for a possible solution and say it may have to do with an overflow CSS property somewhere on the page (for reference: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse