Sign in to follow this  
saltman

Cannot Sidebar on Jigoshop Products page!! $%??$%??$%

saltman

Hi guys, I've just spent the past couple of weeks getting this site built and the last thing i had to do was to set the sidebars on the Shop PRoducts page. It will not let me get away from using the Primary Sidebar and its currently assigned Widgets. I also cannot change the sidebar layout or any of the page layout for that matter. Using the pagelines sidebar layout selection options. :| Nothing changes. The products satay to the left and the static sidebar just stays tot he right ... so weird!!! and its crucial to get this working... I've tried dissabling all plugins and testing with no success. I will try another site build soon if i cant find a answer on here but i'm hoping somebody has experienced this :) cheers for any help, hope i'm not being a div (ha)

chameleontubes

I got the same problem.....i want my side bar on the left with the navigation in it....now everything is on the right! if i make a custom page with all the shortcodes from jigoshop forum it works, but as soon if i set it as my Catalog base page it overwrites everything

please help us

Jenny

Some of the Jigoshop pages are actual pages (edited in WP -> Pages) while others are dynmically created (edited in PageLines -> Page Options -> Product Archive).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

saltman

Hi, glad to know i'm not the only one.

I've now tried a multitude of variations. Even going as far as throwing out the plug in idea's and keeping within pagelines by disabling the default view of the PRIMARY and SECONDARY sidebars then adding the UNIVERSAL and the TERTIARY sidebar to then also be disabled in default view. Then activated only the UNIVERSAL and TERTIARY sidebar on the "shop" page. And still ...i got nothing showing, not even the calendar widget when i add that!!""!?

Madness, there has to be a simple solution to this as in my mind this type of thing should be a prerequisite in a e-commerce system? (i have also logged a ticket over with jigoshop about this, so i'm sure a solution will come from one of the ends)

Also, i'm puzzled to see how the PageLines -> Page Options -> Product Archive section fits in ?

Cheers

Mark

Rob

Mark,

In the Page Template used for your Jigo pages, is Content one of the Available or the Active sections?

Keep in mind that the Content section is the one that contains everything you see in the right image map (Content Area, SB Wrap, SB1 and SB2).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

saltman

Hi Rob

As far as i can see yup, i'll attach a screenshot.

after failing with the "archive products" jigoshop template, i changed to the predefied PAgelines "Template 2" template.

Cheers

Mark

post-35551-0-10410800-1350944498_thumb.j