Sign in to follow this  
jaysondemersgmailcom

Possible to automatically halt feature slideshow when video is played?

jaysondemersgmailcom

I have videos on my feature slides, but the slides continue to progress even if the user clicks "play" on a video. This cuts off the video. I am aware of the play/pause button for the feature slides, but is it possible to automatically pause the feature slides when the user clicks "play" on one of the videos? Alternatively, is there a way to prevent half of the feature slide from progressing? I'm guessing it would have to be detached from the slides somehow. For example, if "Feature Media" could be made static so it didn't progress, then Feature Title and Feature Text could progress normally.

bryan-hadaway

I think that would require hard coded JavaScript that when the video's play button is pressed would create and event to pause the slide as well, this might be out of the scope of what we can support in the forum, perhaps it's easier than what I'm thinking. It may be worth looking here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1632 You could of course set the pause/play buttons and the logical user should know to pause if they intend to watch the video, although understand this may not be ideal. A common workaround is to have a video image link to the actual video or possibly have a popup/fullscreen player pop up that would overlay the slides. Thanks, Bryan

jaysondemersgmailcom

Thanks Bryan, I sent Anna an email inquiring about the Javascript code workaround.

customtwit

I too am interested in a solution for the same exact problem, please advise if you find a solution. Brian Hanson www.customtwit.com