Sign in to follow this  
zvelena

Problem with Qtranslate and Grandchild nav widget

zvelena

I have a problem with the Grandchild navigation widget and the qtranslate plugin. When the widget is shown, it is showing the 2nd level page as a widget title and both language translations one next to the other in the widget title, no matter of the selected language. Any idea if I can do something to fix this? Thank you Elena

Rob

Elena, Have you tried Transposh in place of qTranslate? I've sent a few very happy clients to that plugin which also uses the Google translation service. It works, I believe, much better with WordPress. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the Grandchild navigation widget". Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Thank you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zvelena

Hi range, Thank you for your answer. Here is the screenshot: sov98z.jpg Best Elena

Rob

Elena, I'm unsure how or why it's happening, but willing to say it could be that issue. This menu on the left appears to be a WordPress menu, so I'm unsure that qTranslate is able to do much with it, except, perhaps, to mess it up. Did you try Transposh yet? Doesn't that sidebar widget give you a choice of which menu to use? Is there a setting in qTranslate to show two languages?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zvelena

Hi Range, No I haven't tried Transposh yet, I am fearing there might be some incompatibility between Trans and qTranslate whch could mess up my site. I would have to migrate between the 2 plugins, as qTranslate creates 2 instances of each post / page, not sure about what Transposh does. I am still looking for other peoples experiences, to see if it went ok for them. The Grandchild widget looks like this: 1538iet.jpg so it doesnt allow any title customization.

zvelena

No it is not a Wordpress menu but it is a page dependency based on the parent - child page. The grandchild nav widget shows the 3rd level pages under the current one (2nd level).

zvelena

Yes exactly as I thought .. all my posts / pages are duplicated I would have to delete them by hand.

Danny

Hi Elena, Where did you get this Grandchild Nav widget from ? Is it from the Wordpress repo and is a third party widget ? If so you will need to contact the authors of qTranslate and Grandchild Nav widget for assistance.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zvelena

Hi Danny The grandchildnav widget is a legacy widget from Platform Pro, it stil exists in Pagelines framework but it appears it does not have translation support, especially when it is used with qTranslate, which needs a specific widget title to translate it. The Grandchildnav widget takes the title of a page and shows it as the widget title, with the subpages beneath it in a sublist. For a certain reason, when the page title is translated with qTranslate, the widget pulls both translations and shows them one next to the other. I found here in the forum a quick solution on how to enable this widget in Pagelines framework, as it is useful for me to help users navigate through the subpages of a certain page. So it creates easy dynamic navigation menus, based on page hierarchy, very easy to maintain, exactly what I wanted. You just switch the page hierarchy and your menu is rearranged. Brilliant. Not sure if there is a way to enable titles for this widget. Best Elena

Danny

Hi Elena, So after searching the forums, I found that you have enabled this in PageLines Framework, as it is not enabled by default. Although the file is there, it is actually not part of the core and therefore, not supported. When reviewing the old posts regarding this, the grandchild nav was removed, as it was made redundant by the Wordpress 3.0 menu system. If you would like assistance with this, I recommend you contact one our pros and see if they can assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!