Sign in to follow this  
arlomiller

Show Recent Posts on Home

arlomiller

I would like to have 2 recent posts show up on my homepage. When i add the content area to the homepage template and add [recentposts] to it, it gives me a home page that shows: Home (which I don't want) A few lines of text showing the most recent post (which I also don't want) then the most recent post with the thumbnai (the only part that I do want) i also see no way to control how many posts are shown. What am i doing wrong?

Danny

Hi, In order to display your recent posts on your home page when using a static page. You will need to use a plugin, we recommend one called Special Recent Posts. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/ Special Recent Posts is a very powerful plugin/widget for WordPress which displays your recent posts with thumbnails and uses shortcodes from the settings you have chosen.

Please search our forums, before posting!

arlomiller

Awesome, that is really nice. The only thing i'm having trouble is controlling the thumbnail image size. Its keeping it very small. I'd like it to be 150 pixels or so, but nothing i've tried will make it larger.

batman

Hi You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules I??m not sure if

.media .img {width: 150px !important;}
or
.post-thumb {width: 150px !important;}

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

arlomiller

can you think of a reason why specifiying it in Special Recent Posts isn't working?

arlomiller

advice did not work BTW

Rob

Hi, Special Recent Posts uses its own CSS elements. If you specified a thumb size in your shortcode, then it may take adding the CSS to match in your CSS Rules (Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code). Here's an example from my site which you can edit to your preferences:

.srp-widget-thmblink {
		border: medium none;
		display: block;
		padding: 3px;
	        margin-left: 5px;
		text-decoration: none;
		text-shadow: none;
		width: 200px;
	        height: 200px;
	}

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

arlomiller

Strange. none of these fixes work. its stuck at about 75 pix. it also won't show a full excerpt, or span the full column. it stops short. no idea why. very frustrated.

Danny

Hi, Add the code below and see if this works for you.

a.srp-widget-thmblink { width: 100px; }

Please search our forums, before posting!