Sign in to follow this  
kellyc214

Perfect Feature Slider Dimensions

kellyc214

Hi there, I have purchased the new Frameworks platform and am struggling with the Feature Slider Image dimensions. I am familiar with Platform Pro and began building the site using the older Platform Pro wordpress (www.blackbirdrevolution.org). I use the "full width image with no text." Either the image is too big, too small or is a bit blurry because it's not sized properly. Please tell me height and width of the image that will allow for a proper viewing of a full width feature slider image. Is it 960 x 330? What aspect ratio is proper? Thank you so much! Kelly

Danny

Hi Kelly, I have just visited your website and found that your Feature slider area's dimensions are 1070x365, the images you have added to your slider have the following dimensions 1000x400. This is the reason why they appear blurry. To resolve this, simply edit your images in a photo manipulation application such as GIMP or Adobe Photoshop and your images to match the dimensions of your feature slider.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kellyc214

Thank you Danny. How did you determine that my Feature slider dimensions are 1070 X 365? Is that the default or did I somehow change the settings? Also, can I leave the image ratio empty so that it defaults to the default ratio? I really appreciate your help. :)

Rob

Kelly, Use of scaling images can cause some problems, so Danny's suggestion of resizing your images to meet the width is the best solution. He found the current size by viewing source code. The width is set via the Layout Editor. The height might be a default setting, but it's easily changed in your settings. It can also be set on a per page basis. If the image is manually sized and replaced, there's no need for an aspect ratio, so yes, removing that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kellyc214

Thanks rangelone and danny. I made the adjustments and they look great. Learning . . . Kelly