Sign in to follow this  
agirlcreative

Pagelines not always loading with refresh, or buttons

agirlcreative

So I've been developing in the Pagelines Professional framework, and for some reason off and on it's not loading the page properly. It will display the content, my CSS customizations (via Customizations plugin) seem to be there, but the actual framework design often isn't there. So background colors, page formatting etc won't show. The content will show, just not that. Is this an issue with the framework?

James B

Hi there, just checked the link for you and everything came up fine within seconds, including backgrounds and css. Can you send us a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing and what browser you are using so we can investigate further :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

agirlcreative

How do I upload screen shot here? I just took one..

agirlcreative

It's not always doing this, but frequently enough

Rob

When things like this happen, there's usually one cause. Your host is providing insufficient memory resources for PHP processes. So, when a few people look at your site, using these resources, then someone else comes along, the resources are thinned and the site slows. Eventually, it could and likely will crash. You need improved hosting. Call your hosting company and ask them some key questions: 1. What's the allocated memory available for PHP processing? If it's 32Mb or less, ask for 256Mb. 2. Ask them to test resource allocation and report it to you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

agirlcreative

Good to know! I will follow up with them and report back. Thank you!