Sign in to follow this  
suerama

MUD Authors Post section appears on posts by default.

suerama

Hi, The Bearded Avenger is swooping in on my Author's Posts uninvited. I don't see the Author Plus option in the Template area on the Page Option Setup, but it is appearing on each of the posts by default. Am I doing something wrong?

suerama

Y'know, I'm liking the Author's Plus section on the Author's Posts, now that I edited the site defaults. Though it would be nice if I could turn it off on other MUD sites should I choose.

James B

Hi Suerama, Have you managed to resolve this issue? I've taken a look at your link and can't find anything reference to the author of the theme on the posts displayed. I see in your second post you mention you've edited the site defaults. If not, have you deleted any default posts which came with the theme on installation? Please let me know so we can investigate further or resolve :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

suerama

Hi James, Thanks for your timely response. To clarify: "Author Plus" is a special section that appears in the MUD template design. It is the white rectangle with the photo on the right and text on the left, which appears below the content area on the posts on this site. That is what I was referring to. This section is appearing by default on all of my posts. However, when I go to the Pagelines Page Option Setup for Author's Posts, the Author Plus section button is portrayed as grayed out and inactive. I do not have the option therefore of hiding it below in Individual Page Section Control . As far as I can tell this is a glitch in the MUD design. I am hoping that the Bearded Avenger who designed this theme could change it to an option that I can turn on or off.

Rob

Suerama, I just did a clean install of MUD child theme. I went to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates and looking in Available/Disabled Sections, Author Plus is right there. I clicked through each template in that mode, and it was there too. Then, I went into Content Area, and there it was. In Page Options, it appears because it's selected in Drag & Drop. If you don't want it in any MUD site, drag it over from Active to Available/Disabled and you won't see it on Page Options anymore. The reasonable presumption is, if someone doesn't want a section in their site at all, they'll use Drag & Drop to remove it, not Page Options as a global means of removal. So, this statement " I do not have the option therefore of hiding it below in Individual Page Section Control" is untrue. Your option to remove it is just not located where you think it should be, but in Drag & Drop. "As far as I can tell this is a glitch in the MUD design" is also mistaken. This was done by design and is correctly done. Bearded Avenger (who's been driven to shaving daily) has no reason to change this because anyone using the section has two options: use it or not. If you wish to use it in some places, then you can have it active via Drag & Drop and turn it off on a page by page basis, as needed. If you don't want it at all, then drag it out of Active Sections and voila', it's gone. Note that if you reject this answer too, the answer simply won't change no matter how many follow. This is the definitive answer, I assure you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama

Thanks, Rangelone. Here is the source of my original confusion: On the Template Setup page mistook the fact the Author Plus section is disabled in the Blog Post Template, to mean it was disabled in that template globally. I now notice that though it is disabled in the Page Template is is active in the Template Content area. I didn't mean to raise a mob :-h just was trying to deal with an issue I was having. Was I wrong to hit reject when I didn't see the problem as resolved? Perhaps I'm not understanding the commenting protocol. I apologize if that is the case. I had checked the forum guidelines before commenting to make sure I understood it and here is what it says:

Clicking "reject" on an answer tells the moderators that the answer provided did not solve your problem and you still need help.
So I thought, if my problem wasn't solved, that was the correct thing to do. Although the red reject label can be off-putting I'm sure, I thought that I was sending a neutral message that I still could use some help. The last thing I wanted to do was to be aggressive in any way. So sorry If I offended you.

Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!