Sign in to follow this  
The Farside

Fix NavBar moves in Mobile View

The Farside

I've been working on getting a new site up and running, been working on it around a week now. I've enabled a mobile view on it and the fixed navigation bar as well. When I use an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or an android device, there are times where the NavBar floats as I scroll and it sticks in the middle of the screen at times as well. This does not always happen. I would like to find a fix which ensures this doesn't ever happen. Not sure how to go about it though. Is there a way to make sure it stays in place 100% of the time? Also is zooming in mobile view possible?

James B

Hi parabased, So far I've not been able to replicate the problems you've experienced. But have you taken a look at the mobile menu available in the store http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/facebook-all-in-one/ If that's not an option try looking at downloading our free Browser Specific CSS plugin, this will allow you to target the specific CSS for mobile menus to implement a fix. http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/browser-css/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

The Farside

Thanks for the reply. I will post a screenshot from my iPad when I get a chance, it's getting late here so it'll probably be tomorrow before I get it off the iPad to here.

Rob

We look forward to your update.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

The Farside

Here it is. Sorry for the wait! This doesn't always happen but it does appear around 50/50. This image is from my iPad (3rd gen) device. photo.jpg

Danny

Hi, I have just visited your site on my iPad and the Fixed Nav, remains fixed for me. Has this issue been resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

The Farside

Hi Danny, It does still happen. But right now it appears to only occur when you go to type something in via comments or the forms. Once you are finished, it appears to go back to where it was. Not sure why that happens. Any ideas or suggestions?

Danny

Hi Parabased, I had a colleague test this for me and he confirmed that when you fill out the comments form the NavBar sticks. Therefore, I have reported the issue for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!