Sign in to follow this  
wren

Font size settings for Primary Nav Menu and body text

wren

What can I add to Custom CSS to make my site font size more readable at 100% in Google Chrome? My pages look like I'm sitting in the nosebleed section of the bleachers looking down on teeeeny tiny little font. Why isn't there a setting for font sizes?

catrina

You will need to add a couple CSS elements to make this work. Specifically, the font-size attribute, which is described here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-size.asp Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wren

Hello, the problem is not a general one, it pertains to the primary navigation menu within Pagelines' framework. I have assigned a more readable font from the Typography menu which has the desired effect on sidebar and body fonts. But I don't see where I can set the font for Pagelines' primary navigation menu. I don't need my site designed for me, I would simply like to have a readable navigation menu at the top of my pages. If I can get the CSS tag for that menu, I suppose I can use the settings specified at w3schools. I don't use Firefox, it's too clunky on my system, uses up too much processor headroom, thus, no Firebug. So I'm using Chrome and make all my Custom CSS entries from within Pagelines' Custom Code window. Thanks for any help possible.

Rob

I just looked at your site and see no menus, and the only text is in a slider. Where's the text you want changed?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wren

Hi! My main nav menu heads all my interior pages. That Home page is an anomaly, I like minimal entry design on websites but has this Home page given me a run for my money! Very buggy trying to have it be different for some reason. Anyway, the Feature windows link to my blog/content pages, which is where I have a main nav menu. You'll have to peer very closely, the font is veeerrrry teeeny! I still havent figured out where the setting is for that font size. I also think the Tag cloud is kinda weeny and all the same size, too. Is there a nice Tag Cloud plug-in that renders one of those variable font size clouds? Thanks for your help!

batman

You can try add

ul.main-nav {font-size: 20px;}

Change px as you like

• Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Rob

Thanks for your input Batman.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur