Sign in to follow this  
deanernst

iBlogpro and Station Pro Conflict?

deanernst

Hi, I have Wordpress 3.0 with MU enabled. When I install both iBlogPro 4 and Station Pro 3 and switch between the two for a site. The header image and featured images come from the iBlogPro installation, even when I have the Station Pro theme enabled?? Is the theme CMS framework shared by these themes and there is possibly of a conflict?? Thanks

deanernst

Ok. Further to this, I am finding that when I switch from one pageline theme to another that the settings in the "theme options" are carried across from one theme to the other. This means that each themes' previous settings are applied to the other theme when activated. Is this by design. Or is this a bug? Obviously, the default header/featured images for these themes do not work with each other becuase of the dark/light nature of the themes. Please advise Thanks

bryan-hadaway

This is working correctly, essentially the options you set in Theme Options are backed up to the database, similar to post content and plugin options how it is all saved and remains native to the WordPress setup and stay the same across all themes. Do you have two themes running for the purpose of testing or users choosing which theme to use or something different? I think a good solution would be to create your header/logo image with some sort of border so that no matter what color it's against it's visible, using a white border is a common graphic design technique. Thanks, Bryan

deanernst

Bryan, So, If we are using the multi user features of WP 3.0, then the pagelines options must remain the same for every instance of the theme used by different blogs?? If this is the case this is a major issue for our use of the pagelines system for us. Cheers

bryan-hadaway

Perhaps a developer has a workaround or solution, but essentially this is no different than any other template, only that PageLines is more advanced. Like any normal template, you can edit the stylesheet or hard code the PHP in the template files to customize it and it'll stay native to that template, but we're talking about admin features/settings that are saved and call to database data. If you can provide a link and more details on what about each template you'd like to be different then we can look at providing the custom code to get the desired effects. Thanks, Bryan