Sign in to follow this  
sersanet

jigoshop add to cart buttons

sersanet

I have framework installed, and installed jigoshop. on the product pages the add to cart and + - product buttons are not showing.. please can someone help out with this problem. i have turned off all plugins and have tried with several websites to install the jigoshop, all have failed with he same issue.. one of the websites in question is url http://www.miguellopezfineart.com/ here is the product page http://www.miguellopezfineart.com/product/beauty-remains-miguel-lopez/ i have tried to add the add to cart button, with some extra code, but it will not add to shop. this code i tried to add to the Excerpt section = Add to cart but it does not work also on this website the same problem = www.marbellarecords.com any help with this problem would be appreciated many thanks in advance!!

catrina

First, please try to deactivate all other active plugins and check if the problem persists.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sersanet

Catrina, Please, that has been tried many times, and several new installs were tried. YES The Problem still persists,, the only plugins that were not de activated were the actual jogoshop plugin, and then i tried to deactivate the pagelines plugin for jigoshop.. Catrina, several months ago, you said that you were going to look into it, and it finished with saying you were going to post it to another forum, you can view this message in one of my older posts for this same subject matter.. Unfortunately this has not cured the problem and i am still trying to find a solution. Please can someone see if there is a fix to this problem? many thanks, in advance.

sersanet

Hello i have found this piece of code that show the part i am talking about in the demo shop here on page lines..

Add to cart Can someone please help out as i have several shops to build for different clients and would like to use framework.. thanks in advance

catrina
i have tried to add the add to cart button, with some extra code, but it will not add to shop. this code i tried to add to the Excerpt section = Add to cart
For future reference, HTML code (or any other code) cannot be put in the excerpt section. Also, I validated your site and found multiple errors in the code (a lot of unclosed tags and duplicate content): http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miguellopezfineart.com%2Fproduct%2Fbeauty-remains-miguel-lopez%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 For the other sites that you tried Jigoshop on, were they clean installs of WP and Framework?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

sersanet

Hello Catrina, Ok i will remove the code form the excerpt section.. the reason it was there was to try and create a button to add to cart... to solve the problem of the buttons not appearing.. Thanks for validating the site, since i have not built it and only installed the framework, and used the plugins without any modification, it seem strange that there are so many faults, dont you think? i have only used the system provided by framework inside the wp login. there has been no other modifications to the site outside of the wp login, and YES it was a clean install of wp and framework: I have several sites built with framework, and it seems to be a problem when adding plugins that are needed.. It seems that the plugins that are available to use, are not compliant with http://validator.w3.org thus it seems that every website built with framework, that i have built are also not validated.. Ok so that sorted, it was not me, but the plugins that made it not validated.. lets get back to the problem in hand.. the buttons on the products page of the shop are missing.. is there any fix for this problem? All of the installs that are made with framework, are totally new installs for clients, set up domain, install WP and then page lines framework, for the clients that want this, and then using the editing facilities inside the wp login they are edited.. thanks for pointing out that most wp plugins are not valid in w3c...

Danny

Hi, I have just installed JigoShop on a test site and added a new product. The quantity +/- displayed as intended. Therefore, I think the best course of action would be to contact JigoShop support. http://screencast.com/t/UwVMjihNbwV

Please search our forums, before posting!

sersanet

Hello Danny, Thanks for the message, yes i have been in touch with jigoshop since i first tried to install the jigoshop and framework together.. today i am going to start a new project and will try again, with a fresh install, new domain and see if the problem persists.. many thanks

Danny

OK, let us know how it goes.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sersanet

Hello Danny, News on the shopping cart front,, i could never get this to work as it was in the demo, i have tried several times, but to no avail.. The option and way out for me was to delete the jigoshop from all projects, start a fresh with woo commerce. works fine and all buttons are working.. so the phrase for "Jigoshop, a WordPress eCommerce plugin that works" does not work for me.. Many thanks Dany... and Catrina for all Catrina, still cant figure out why the validator says that this is not valid, if you dont edit the pages, just use the system provided.. it must be the language plugin, as another website i have just created did the same thing, saludos

catrina

Thanks for the update. Sorry Jigoshop didn't work out too well for you. Do you need further assistance with anything else?

Designer | Catrina Dulay